F1 Manager 22

daft

2 hours ago, Dodgyknees said:

I almost went for Williams but decided against it, I couldn’t manage Latifi and enjoy the game 😂

He's outpacing Albon in my game. Despite Albs having lots better stats. There seems to be quite a bit of randomness in the performance algorithms. 

15 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

He's outpacing Albon in my game. Despite Albs having lots better stats. There seems to be quite a bit of randomness in the performance algorithms. 

I’ve noticed that for sure, my new driver is outpacing Norris quite often, despite being a young and new driver.

3 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

I’ve noticed that for sure, my new driver is outpacing Norris quite often, despite being a young and new driver.

At this stage, with Williams I'm just desperate for a 15th place. Anything. 1 point is all I want from the season. Just please for the love of god 1 point. I just bought a new helipad for god sake.  

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Holy crap. Took a penalty, qualified 8th but was then down in 15th, which is fine cos I knew it wasn’t going to be the best track for my car. I played the long game with tyres, pitted during a safety car, came out in the lead and won the ducking race.

This game frustrates but when you hit the right notes it’s awesome. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This game is great… but there are very odd things that happen. The game (I think) likes to cause issues for you. For example, I’ve been growing my Williams team (new save) but every single time I make good calls (just quailed 10th) it’s always followed up by a spin that takes me down to last (I quailed 10th and 11th and both span at the first corner and went down to last!), first of all I thought it was just random but so many times I’ve progressed the car during the race only for a breakdown or something odd like a full 360 spin on a dry track 😂

Great game, but there is certainly some “rubber banding”

I now strategise for a long first stint when I qualify well, because I know I’ll soon spin out.

Edited by Dodgyknees
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Finally got this. Only done a handful of Grand Prix but it's very fun. Hard, but fun.

Started with McLaren and I'm way behind where they want me to be, but enjoying it. Enjoying treating Ricciardo like the number 2 driver even though he's in Car 1.

I haven't quite gauged how much money I can spend on development and facilities, and how many hours I can use on testing and stuff. Projections make it look like I'm well within budget but it feels a little uncertain.

Races are really fun though. Pulled off a deliberate, strategic undercut in my second race and sent Lando from 14th to 8th in one round of pitstops and celebrated like Villa had scored a goal.

One thing I would say is there have been hardly any incidents in the 4 or 5 races I've done. Couple of yellow flags for people running wide and only two "crashes", which were incredibly minor. I've had zero safety cars and zero retirements in any of the races so far.
Maybe a coincidence.

Just won my first race, buzzing. Probably would have got a 1-2 if Norris hadn’t crashed. 

Started 14th and 15th on the grid but for some reason my guys were mikes faster than anyone else. Coupled with a safety car which gave me a free pit stop for Danny Ric I won it comfortably in the end

Yeah this game is buggy as ****. The safety cars are an absolute shambles. 

It’s pointless being clever when safety cars are being deployed when the game is so broken that you’re not able to benefit

On 16/09/2022 at 14:22, HKP90 said:

Albon is always last in my game. Latifi tends to be up battling with the Haas and aston Martin guys. Albon is just 40 odd seconds behind 19th

28 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I’m not sure I am anymore. It’s almost brilliant but there’s so many bugs it really frustrates me

Aha that’s a shame, yeah some bothered me but I still enjoy it for what it is. 

17 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

I haven’t played much (of any games) recently. What’s happened?

It's the car setup now. I'd been neglecting practise and realised it's quite important. Been enjoying tinkering during practise to get the best setup.

But at random times it will just go back to the default. Suddenly my drivers will be telling me the car is awful and when I go back into setup it's reverted to default in everything. Including in the race or qualifying.

I think it's to do with the option to revert to the settings where your drivers have the most confidence. I think half the time that reverts to default instead.

Anyway it's just yet another thing that's stopping this game being really very good indeed

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's the car setup now. I'd been neglecting practise and realised it's quite important. Been enjoying tinkering during practise to get the best setup.

But at random times it will just go back to the default. Suddenly my drivers will be telling me the car is awful and when I go back into setup it's reverted to default in everything. Including in the race or qualifying.

I think it's to do with the option to revert to the settings where your drivers have the most confidence. I think half the time that reverts to default instead.

Anyway it's just yet another thing that's stopping this game being really very good indeed

Annoying. I will get on and see if that affects me, has there been a new update? I can’t remember that happening before. 

28 minutes ago, Dodgyknees said:

Annoying. I will get on and see if that affects me, has there been a new update? I can’t remember that happening before. 

Don’t know to be honest

• 4 months later...
Â