Drugs in Football

villan-scott

I came across this interesting thread in Twitter. I was surprised about the amount of positive cases not out in the public realm. 

A graphic showing the substances people tested positive for too here. Thought there would be more cocaine and more sanctions.

C58383-D9-DF0-C-42-D2-ABE2-380-D4-C22044

I’m pretty certain there’s a lot more recreational drug taking than gets picked up in testing too. 

Edited by villan-scott

I used to live with a professional footballer...

Drugs are rife in all levels of the game, money is power and things are often kept in the dark.

Tests are often known about well in advance and can be circumvented also.

There have been high profile figures in football hooked on drugs and even the greatest player of them all.

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Premier league players seem to get let off. Non premier league players, not so much.

Thats an investigation waiting to happen right there.

Zero sanctions for Premier League players is worry. As you say seems like they’re being let off. 

Im surprised nobody has looked at the ban of 3 months in 2019 for Cannabis and Cocaine and pointed the finger at a certain former player of ours who returned from ‘injury’ to fire us to a 10 game winning run and promotion. 😅

6 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

Zero sanctions for Premier League players is worry. As you say seems like they’re being let off. 

Im surprised nobody has looked at the ban of 3 months in 2019 for Cannabis and Cocaine and pointed the finger at a certain former player of ours who returned from ‘injury’ to fire us to a 10 game winning run and promotion. 😅

The rumours have been there but he got injured the previous year so would have counted as 2018

Â