WWE 2K22

Ingram85

Anyone got this? Any good? Hesitant based on 2k20 but it’s getting good to great reviews so far. Supposedly got a new grappling system and it’s a bit of a looker as well. Tempted. 

Edited by Ingram85

Yeah I got it. Nostalgia got the better of me these past few months and I’ve been watching loads of old Attitude era shows 🤣

Its definitely decent graphically, and the actual wrestling is easy to pick up and fun to play. Loads better than 20. I’ve only been playing MyRise so far. 

I imagine online will be annoying with the new counter system though. 

Well, I’ve had it for a few days now and I feel that the gameplay is more fluid and less confusing than the previous 2k games. Control scheme feels more streamlined (in a good way) and gameplay feels a lot smoother and less stilted/jittery.

There’s still stuff they need to fix (unless I’m mistaken or doing it wrong) like picking someone up and having their back to you. Turning someone round when standing doesnt  seem to work properly. No inferno matches and I don’t think you can set tables on fire either. 

Graphics look really awesome most of the time and then (less often admittedly) at others like a high rez PS3 game. A mixed bag but on the whole a step up. 

The roster is ok. The lack of recently released modern talent is more than made up for with a good selection of legends. Plenty of women on the roster too which is good. 

Rey Mysterio Showcase mode is ok, some strange match choices and it is woefully short but it’s well polished and Reys in match commentary adds a lot to the experience. A negative is that you can complete it in one night. It’s all very brief.

Only just started MyRise (lol) so can’t comment on it but the caw faces are odd. I probably won’t bother with the other modes (GM/Faction) as there’s nothing to unlock in them. 

One thing that needs vastly improving is the choice of arenas. It’s severely lacking in variety and lacking iconic arenas from over the years. Very disappointing selection. 

I didn’t play 2020 thank god, I’d say this is on a par with 2019 apart from roster and arenas. I still think the pre 2k ‘11-‘13 games were better. SvR 2007 is still my all time favourite WWE game (yes, I prefer it to No Mercy and HctP).

This is a solid 7.5/10 though and a thoroughly enjoyable game. Most importantly though it is an excellent and solid base to build the next few games on.

Edited by Ingram85

On 20/03/2022 at 10:34, Dante_Lockhart said:

Loads better than 20.

That is a near-subterranean bar to clear.

Think I'll be waiting for the inevitable 3-6 month price collapse, though I am slightly concerned about talk of new controls. Plus I'm still getting mileage out of my 2K19 custom-AEW Universe Mode; thank Zeus (no, not Tommy Lister, that is) for user created content. 

Things that would have made buy this day one:

• bringing back HD-stored .mp3s usable for custom entrances
  • bringing back create-a-finisher
  • bringing back custom movies from match replays to use in custom entrances
  • lifting the daily community download limit
  • lifting the custom image limit
  • decent amount of new content for create-a-move-set (with nothing lost from previous iterations)
  • see above, but for create-a-wrestler (hairstyles have been hot garbage for years now)

On 22/03/2022 at 20:07, Ingram85 said:

The roster is ok. The lack of recently released modern talent is more than made up for with a good selection of legends.

I assume at this point whoever's handling the roster stuff at 2K has either given up or possibly hurled themselves off a cliff, the poor sods.

9 hours ago, avfcDJ said:

Crazy isn't it. Are you Xbox?

If so, fancy losing to me in GM mode when you get it?

Hahaha the gen manager modd is only reason ill get it. I loved it on ps2. Im definitely up for it.

Is it any good?

When i get it definitely down for playing.

17 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Hahaha the gen manager modd is only reason ill get it. I loved it on ps2. Im definitely up for it.

Is it any good?

When i get it definitely down for playing.

Haven’t got it yet - deciding whether I want to wait for a drop. I hated the 2k gameplay in the last one I bought, so that is my main concern.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got it ans stuck it on

Was spending 10 minutes creating a charchter and git to last bit. And guess what happens.  Crashes and reboots itself before can finish the charchter.

Buggy it seems ffs

21 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

10mins creating a character? Lol noob

i think i spent 2 hours 🤣

ha i was so looking forward starting the gm mode but when that crash happened i just quit it id i was gonna smash my xbox

Haven’t had anything go wrong with it yet and put quite a bit into it but haven’t played it for a week or so, having said that I saw there was new update a few days ago so maybe a mess up connected to that? 

12 hours ago, Ingram85 said:

Haven’t had anything go wrong with it yet and put quite a bit into it but haven’t played it for a week or so, having said that I saw there was new update a few days ago so maybe a mess up connected to that? 

It could be. I did the update took fecking ages 

You started the gm mode yet? I lovsd it on the ps2 this is why i bought it just fir that. But its come a hell of a long way since then 

Â