Giants News

kkr

The Giants are last in the league in both offensive and defensive third down efficiency. They have converted 22.9 percent (11-of-48) of their third-down opportunities on offense. Meanwhile, Giants opponents have succeeded on 50 percent (30-of-60) of their third down attempts.

The Giants have allowed an NFL-high 146 points. Their opponents have scored at least 31 points in each of the first four games, the first time ever the Giants have allowed at least 31 points in four straight games in a single season.

Scott has been waived and we have signed an OG/OC called Dallas Reynolds who ironically played for the Eagles last year.

Snee might be done for the year and Baas should miss this week too.

link

This is why I like Reese.

I know we're shit this season, but IMO his drafting is great and it looks like he's not just happy to accept a shit year and wants to get things done. RB play was awful, so he made an effort to change that, LB depth is terrible, now he's doing something about that.

This is why I like Reese.

I know we're shit this season, but IMO his drafting is great and it looks like he's not just happy to accept a shit year and wants to get things done. RB play was awful, so he made an effort to change that, LB depth is terrible, now he's doing something about that.

He has already done this previously when he traded for River's, i.e. a washed up vet who has not lived up to potential and cant stay on the field.

Beason tbf was a great player, but now he cant beat out Chase Blackburn and hasnt played many games the last few years!  Hopefully he proves to be a better addition that Rivers or any of the other scrubs we roll at LBer.

Win this weekend and its game on.  Lose and 0-5 will quickly become 0-6 next Thursday vs the Bears.

Snee to IR.  Baas, Joseph, Ross, Hosely, Webster all out this weekend.  Looks like players might already be beginning to make business decisions to save themselves seeing as the season is tanking.... hopefully not!

This was really last hope and the refs **** it up big with that no facemask call, completely turned the game in their favour.

With it over, the best thing we can do is lose as many as possible and pick up someone big in the draft.

Joseph too, he is a free agent in the off season too so might as well trade than over pay to keep him, thats how we ended up with a duff oline and dline now.

Going to be a lot of turnover on the roster this offseason, i think the majority of the following wont be on the roster next season:

Snee, Diehl, Boothe, Baas, Jacobs, Nicks, Myers, Joseph, Tuck, Rodgers, Patterson, Herzlich, Williams, Webster, Ross, Rolle, Brown, T2, Hosely.

All too old, regressing, free agent or injury prone so time to move on.  If we could get a second for Wilson id trade him now also, he could be good behind a decent oline but id rather just trade him and acquire picks for the line and rebuilding the defense.

I am resigned to us not doing anything this season, so we can stink it up as much as possible now to improve in the draft later, it will give us a lot to look forward too going into the offseason and if we can rebuild the rest of the team around Eli with quality young talent then there is no reason we cant be like the Broncos next season.  Not as record setting but we can ensure the next 5 years+ we can compete for multiple championships by completely overhauling the Oline and defense. 

Id fire Gilbride and Fewell and keep TC if he doesnt want to retire.  Id ask him to bring in someone to completely take charge of both the offensive and defensive sides of the ball.  I still think we could work TC's offense but it needs a great oline and for us to retain Nicks or bring in another #1 receiver.  We need 3 legitimate passing targets and at least a real TE rather than Travis Beckum x2 in Myers.

Peter King said today in MMQB that a scout said there could be as many as 9QB's with a first round grade so im sure that might present an opportunity for us to trade down if we end up with the first pick.

Da'rell Scott is back. Trattou let go to make space. 

I actually think, apart from that fumble against Dallas, that he hasn't looked that bad when he's been called upon.

Edited by adz.villa

Just watched the 2007 and 2011 Americas Game on YouTube. The end of this season will signal the end of an era for us, it's sad, but these guys are all winners and we can continue on with more hungry guys. We'll never be too far from the playoffs really, that's the major benefit of being one of the best run franchises in a division where the other 3 teams are so poorly run.

Any idea what kind of cap space we'd be looking at assuming NONE of the names you mention were to be re-signed?

A fair bit i would imagine as Eli will be in his last season so considering how bad his numbers will be we could free up space by resigning him to a new deal at hopefully a better rate than if he had lit it up.  Im sure he would be willing to give up a few $$$ to get in some guys who can block too!

David Wilson could be done for the year..... BUST

I think we will win tomorrow....

Just watched the 2007 and 2011 Americas Game on YouTube. The end of this season will signal the end of an era for us, it's sad, but these guys are all winners and we can continue on with more hungry guys. We'll never be too far from the playoffs really, that's the major benefit of being one of the best run franchises in a division where the other 3 teams are so poorly run.

Yeah, we kept them around one season too many and now its showing, but that doesnt take away from two successful championship seasons.  What amazing roller coasters they were too!

“There was a play last night where they were not on the same page,” Coughlin said. “One guy signaled one thing with his body language and the other guy didn’t pick it up. That’s kind of the way this has been with him (Randle). He’s made some outstanding plays as he did the other night. … His language was a little bit indicative that he wasn’t going to (go deeper) and then he did. By that time the quarterback had thrown the ball. Eli should have seen the corner. It would have helped him to go somewhere else whether Rueben was right or wrong. I’m sure he would tell you the same thing.”

Posted on BBI.  I think Eli should just not throw to Randle now, im sure thats what he did in 2011 which led to less catches for Manningham until his dopey play stopped and stopped the BS turnovers.  In fact thats what he said, if you dont run the right routes im not throwing you the ball.  I know he is young but he has to take that approach with this guy now.  Myers too.

Â