Giants News

kkr

I went to the Wembley game which was one of the wins on the way to the Super Bowl and to the Eagles collapse game which became the inspiration for the "finish" theme the following season when we won it all, so i guess you could say that i was instrumental in this team winning two championships! ;)

I will happily accept all donations to get me back over there this season! ;)

Was the first year of the new stadium when i went, kind of gutted i didnt get to go to the old stadium and despite the loss to the Eagles i got to see the game of the season also, so it was an amazing experience.

Got the bus over to the game from port authority for like $10-15 i think as we were staying in Manhattan.

Any questions, let me know.

I went to the Wembley game which was one of the wins on the way to the Super Bowl and to the Eagles collapse game which became the inspiration for the "finish" theme the following season when we won it all, so i guess you could say that i was instrumental in this team winning two championships! ;)

I will happily accept all donations to get me back over there this season! ;)

Was the first year of the new stadium when i went, kind of gutted i didnt get to go to the old stadium and despite the loss to the Eagles i got to see the game of the season also, so it was an amazing experience.

Got the bus over to the game from port authority for like $10-15 i think as we were staying in Manhattan.

Any questions, let me know.

Yeah, I imagine just being over there and seeing a game is enough to make it worthwhile regardless of the result. Thanks, will do! :) 

4 wins in a row. Who would've thought it?  :D

Against some shoddy QB's tbf, so lets see if we can keep it up against Romo.  The Dallas D is beat up though so hopefully this is the game the offense truly turns the corner and builds some momentum!

JPP NFC DPOTW!  Becomes only the third Giant player to win it at least 3 times.  The others were Strahan and LT.  Not bad company!  Hopefully this guy is getting healthier too, both he and Tuck are slowly improving lately.

Is that your "I'm done for the season, to make us go on a run" post? :D

Mostly when I say that, its out of frustration that we lose a game when we play badly or something. But this, we played well and still lost against a bad team, we're just not a playoff team. A combination of bad luck, poor decision making, awful playcalling and injuries and simply bad play. I'd usually be more pissed off but in previous years we were good enough and messed it up, this year that's not the case.

Dallas are a terrible terrible team which tells us everything we need to know about Kevin Gilbride and the NYFG offense this year.  17 points we held them too and we were busting off 10+ yard runs like they were going out of fashion, so why the **** are we throwing it in the redzone every **** time!?

Hakeem Nicks is a pussy, IR him now and let him rot for the season.  He has clearly checked out and will be **** off to Carolina in the off season.  Good riddance.

Go with Randle, Cruz and Murphy to see which of those will stick around next year.  Need a legit TE and an overhaul of the offensive line.

D has been good but Fewell seems to come up short in the big moments with questionable calls so id get rid.  Id still keep Coughlin, its a miracle we still had an important game today after the 0-6 start and that is a credit to TC and the team sticking with him, but 0-6 is just too big a hole especially with the passing game completely figured out and none existent.

Fine T2 and JPP their game check also seeing as they guaranteed victories and failed to deliver on their promise.  In fact make that a base rule going forward.

• Like 1

We were horrible in the first half. Improved in the second but was still an anti-climax. Fewell let himself down in the final drive, pretty sure we rushed no fewer than three in each play. It's testament to our great defensive performances of late that I was expecting a stop though.

Is it any wonder our redzone plays have been crap? Not sure if it was down to Gilbride or Eli seeing something and adjusting, but a shotgun draw on 3rd and goal? (Think it was goal, may have been outside the 10). Either way it was shocking.

And not sure what Jacobs was doing on that 30 yard run. He had one man in front of him and he took it out of bounds. Take him on and punch it in.

The coverage on Witten's second TD was bad too. Think it was Rolle who should have made a play. I'll'll let him off though as he's been our MVP by an absolute mile this season.

The better team won, but it could easily have been different. Not that it really matters if we make the playoffs, because we certainly wouldn't trouble anyone.

edit: and yes, the players did talk way too much before the game for my liking. Not so much JPP as he didn't say who's blood would be shed, just that it would be. But Thomas was just overconfidence and lacked respect.

Edited by adz.villa

Justin Tuck NFC DPOW.

Biff Fischerþ@armadillosports4m
1st 5 games, Giants allowed 113 pts in 2nd half (22.6 ppg). Last 7 games, they allowed 33 (4.7 ppg).

Tom Rockþ@TomRock_Newsday1m
TC asked if Giants made right decision to trade for Eli: "There's a couple things out in the hallway you might want to take a look at

Presume that was in relation to a conference call with the SD media, still bitter about the trade.

Justin Tuck NFC DPOW.

Biff Fischerþ@armadillosports4m

1st 5 games, Giants allowed 113 pts in 2nd half (22.6 ppg). Last 7 games, they allowed 33 (4.7 ppg).

Tom Rockþ@TomRock_Newsday1m

TC asked if Giants made right decision to trade for Eli: "There's a couple things out in the hallway you might want to take a look at

Presume that was in relation to a conference call with the SD media, still bitter about the trade.

:crylaugh:

I remember in an NFL top 10 thing, the Eli trade was rated as the worst trade ever. Of course, this is before Merriman disappeared and Eli went on to get his 2 Super Bowl MVPs. :)

Well at least thats us officially done for, time to rebuild for next season now.

If Gilbride and Fewell stay i wont be watching next year.  Coughlin i would extend but i want a completely new offensive philosophy, at least for the passing game.

Reese and Ross need to be fired and here is why:

2007:
Aaron Ross - currently on IR
Steve Smith - no longer in the league
Jay Alford - no longer in the league
Zak DeOssie - career long snapper
Kevin Boss - no longer in the league
Adam Koets - no longer in the league
Michael Johnson - no longer in the league
Ahmad Bradshaw - on ir for the colts

2008:
Kenny Phillips - no longer in the league
Terrel Thomas - coming back from 3ACLs
Mario Manningham - coming back from ACL with 49ers
Bryan Kehl - no longer on the team, beleive he might still be in the league, redskins maybe (lol)
Jonathan Goff - no longer in the league
Andre Woodson - never played in the league
Robert Henderson - never played in the league

2009:
Hakeem Nicks - quit this season, always injured and about to be a FA
Clint Sintim - no longer in the league
William Beatty - now lumbered with this over paid scrubs contract due to Reese completely blowing last offseason
Ramses Barden - no longer in the league
Travis Beckum - no longer in the league
Andre Brown - Returned to us after bumming around the league.  Oft injured, had an ok season after losing half of it to another injury
Rhett Bomar - never played in the league
DeAndre Wright - never played in the league
Stoney Woodson - never played in the league

2010:
Jason Pierre Paul - Project.  Physical specemin.  Shaddow of himself after back surgery.
Linval Joseph - Solid DT and imprending FA.  Will have to overpay to keep.
Chad Jones - never played in the league
Phillip Dillard - no longer in the league
Mitch Petrus - no longer in the league
Adrian Tracy - is he on our roster currently?  He doesnt play if he does.  If not.  - no longer in the league
Matt Dodge - no longer in the league

2011:
Prince Amukamara - average
Marvin Austin - no longer in the league
Jerrel Jernigan - no longer in the league.....oh sorry we kept him and he gets maybe 2-3 catches a year
James Brewer - poor lineman, currently trying to get Eli killed
Greg Jones - no longer in the league
Tyler Sash - no longer in the league
Jacquian Williams - average cover linebacker
Da'Rel Scott - average to poor RB

2012:
David Wilson - Bust
Rueben Randle - Talented but stupid and not a fit for (terrible) our system
Jayron Hosley - average
Adrien Robinson - drafted as the, "JPP of TE's", but doesnt see the field
Brandon Mosley - poor guard who doesnt play despite Diehl and Brewer
Matt McCants - maybe with raiders so - no longer in the league