Giants News

kkr

If Jacobs had been starting last weekend, we probably would have won by a long way. Even with two picks and a ST fumble!

This is Eli, Nicks, Cruz and Randle from Sunday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_K_ndvR1dE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Lots to be encouraged about even with the sloppy play and result. Had Eli pulled it off on that drive where Scott spooned it in the air i think thst would have been one of if not the greatest comeback of them all.

Maybe only the one in Dallas in 2011 would have been better. If Eli, Nicks, Cruz, Randle, Myers and Jacobs stay healthy then i think it could be Eli's best statistical season. If Wilson stops being a pussy even more so.

Was listening to the Giants Podcast last night and they made some good points on Jacobs, He's been doing nothing for a year. There must be a reason why he hasn't been picked up. He struggled with injury last time he was here and started to slow down. I still think it's a decent pickup on a few levels, but to expect him to come in and instantly improve us is a bit naive I think. 

Good to see the Gator Boy back though.

Give me 5-8 rushes a game from him at 3-4ypc and to pass block on 3rd down and im very happy!  He is going to wear #34 unless a deal can be cut with Stevie Brown who is on IR.

From BBI:

With 2 more TD passes in the 4th last night

Eli now has 76 TD passes in the 4th quarter in the regular season + playoffs in his career. That ranks good for 13th all time currently, and he has a legitimately awesome shot to one day retire number 1 considering the age of those active guys in front of him

1. Favre 126
2. Peyton 111
2t. Marino 111
4. Unitas 93
5. Testaverde 91
6. Brady 88
7. Brees 84
8. Moon 81
9. Tarkenton 80
10t- Montana 79
10t- Bledsoe 79
12- Bradshaw 78
13. Eli 76

He owns the single season record for 4th quarter TD passes. And including postseason he looks on course to almost surely be the all time leader career wise barring injury. He is almost 2/3 of the way there.

Allen Bradford claimed off waivers from the Seahawks.  Was a LB, then Peter Carroll converted him to a RB at USC, then had him back at LB at Seattle and some of their fans seem to think he is decent.

Sep 12, 2013 5:06 PM

Oh man, if AB acclimates quickly enough to get some play time, he’ll become a fan fav. Downhill guy. Brings the heat.

Sep 12, 2013 5:29 PM

The Giants just got an incredibly gifted player. A bit raw as a LB? Not as much as some will say. The guy brings speed and a nose for the ball. He just needs to shed blockers a bit better at times. But he is one good football player.

Sep 12, 2013 5:31 PM

Good pick up…fierce hitter

Sep 12, 2013 6:32 PM

Loved the guy in Seattle, I hope he plays well for you Giants fans. He has worked very hard to get where he is.

Sep 12, 2013 6:39 PM

He’s a baller, will play LB. Was a fierce in the preseason.

Sep 12, 2013 6:42 PM

Damn…we’ll miss him: he was growing into the job, and he certainly brought the thump.

Sep 12, 2013 7:31 PM

Damn. Not happy that Seattle is losing him, even though he wasn’t a starter. He tore it up all preseason, tackled everything in sight, and looked like he was ready to step in and play if anything (God forbid) happened to BWags.

Doubt he starts this week but going by those comments it wont be too long.  Dont have much faith in Herz sadly but i doubt he see's the field much this weekend as we will be in nickel defense most the time.  Ironically that's probably better for us!

Edited by kkr

Giants going to try out Kerry Rhodes on tuesday.  Currently out the league with rumours he is gay.  As someone on BBI said, If he can do this:

ku-xlarge.gif

I dont care if he is gayer than a million rainbows!

Running game today: 19 carries, 23 yards.

When you take into consideration we were down by a TD+ the entire 2nd half and that, clearly, the running game wasn't working there's really no excuse for that many carries. If it's not working, get creative. I know they're not Tiki Barber, but try something different. Was there a single RB screen from us today?

Yeah, 2 fluke tips, the blown screen, 2 miss-comms today and another v Dallas. 

I think we play too honest on offense. I don't know if it's intentional, but our Oline are better pass protectors than run blockers, though its not saying much, AND our passing game is far superior to our run game. 

We did a good job on the Denver offense for the most part through the first 2 quarters, but us playing the BS base offense meant we were kicking FG's rather than extra points and that caught up with us.  Then a combination of a fluke turnover and Denver committing to the run more turned the game.  They ran at the edges of our defense to expose our LB's and we had no answer and we all know Fewell doesnt do in game adjustments.  The LBers are terrible, letting Chase Blackburn go was a big mistake, especially as we see him next week in the loser goes 0-3 season over bowl!

I dont know why we wait to get our best players on the field, i mean clearly the run game sucks especially with Baas in at centre but as you say they can pass block well enough and Eli can be elusive enough in the pocket for that to be effective.  Dump Pascoe/Hynoski out the base offense and go three wide, or use Donnell more in 2TE sets, his few catches in garbage time showed he has good hands.

We cant keep only having our best players on the field in negative scenario's all the time, i.e. down big or in a 2-4 minute drills before the half.  They need to be on early and a lot more often than they are currently.  Our run game doesnt work out the base offense, the line cant block it.  Change it up FFS!

Right now i think our best back is Da'Rell Scott!  Can we trade him or Wilson for just 1 decent LB!?  Maybe this Bradford guy will be good?  I bet he starts this coming weekend!

We have to beat Carolina, its that simple or the seasons going down the drain.  Fortunately Levi was right, the NFC East is disgustingly bad this season!  Philli are a gimmick offense that wont stay healthy and dont have the conditioning to keep this up through 16 games.  RG3 has one leg and it has completely shutdown that offense, save prevent D in garbage time.  Shame we dont play him till much later in the season.  Dallas is Dallas, we turned the ball over 5 times and still would have won if it wasnt for a fluke tip to seal the game.

Maybe the strugles of the rest will keep us in it this year.  Not unless we beat Carolina!

Â