Giants News

kkr

Nice to see a win despite nothing being at stake. Will Hill and Jerell Jernigan both had great games. The former is becoming really important to us - Stevie Brown is gonna have a job getting his starting berth back. I wasn't even aware of Hill's troubles off the field until they were reported as a result of his arrest before the game.

So odd to think that this could be Tuck's last game for us. As well as a lot of others like Nicks and Diehl. It's gonna be the end for Linval Joseph too who's gonna get paid big by someone, just not us unfortunately. 

Edited by adz.villa

Going to be a lot of interesting personnel decisions going forward. 

Webster, Diehl and Snee should all be gone as they are all old and injured.  Shadows of their former 2X Super Bowl Champion form.  You could argue the same for Tuck but i think the best thing to do with him is let him test free agency and then when he doesnt have teams beating down his door, sign him for a cheap home town discount, as i think he still has life left in the tank.

See Nicks say he is open to sticking around as a Giant and wouldn't totally reject the idea of the franchise tag!  LOL!!!  Yeah right we are going to tag you for $10M plus when you quit on the team, played soft to avoid injury and have 0 touchdowns all year!  I don't want him back now, he is a #2 receiver at best.  Let him test free agency too and another team might over pay or we get him cheap for a year to re-establish his value.

Linval will be a tough call, but Hankins is behind him so wouldnt be surprised to see him go.

We have a bit of cap room this year so extending Eli needs to be done to free up more and then used to rebuild the Oline.  Wonder if we can get out of the Will Beatty contract, yikes!  Baas should be cut too.  The only one i want back is Pugh who (to answer an earlier question) has out performed the three OT's selected before him in the draft according to PFF.  Pugh is the only one of the 4 to come out with a positive grade so far this season and surpasses the other three in both run and pass blocking.  Be interesting to see if he stays at RT next year.

Id blow up the RB's including Wilson and blow up the TE's also, dont want any of them back.  Id keep Cruz, Randle and Jernigan in a new scheme at WR.  I think Nicks could be better in a new scheme too but he is too injury prone and dogged it this year so **** him unless he comes very cheap and i mean like 2 years $2-3m a season max.

Tom Rock & #8207;@TomRock_Newsday 10m
Giants were shutout by the Panthers, shutout by the Seahawks, and shutout by Pro Bowl voters.

Antrel Rolle as a second alternate for the only Pro Bowl recognition.  Shameful and an indictment on Reese and the scouts.

Who are we rooting against in Sundays game?  I was originally going to root against Dallas, but now Romo and Lee are out i have to root against the Eagles.  Would be funny if Dallas finally won one of these win and you are in games without Romo!  Would create more questions about Romo for them!

Although i am hoping Dallas lose, sack Garrett and we take him on to replace Gilbride.  Would be a good move that imo.  Keep him in waiting under TC to learn how to be a HC properly also.

Fewell's contract is up so hopefully the Jets sack Rex Ryan and lets get him on board also.

FIXING THE GIANTS: What it will take to turn the team around  

14004406-mmmain.jpg

By Conor Orr/The Star-Ledger

The final Giants practice of the season began like any other on Friday.

Coach Tom Coughlin weaved through a line of stretching players and patted some on the back with his laminated schedule.

He watched every punt and onside kick during special teams, and noticed when one of his defensive backs needed to tie a shoe. He walked over to pick up his helmet.

Co-owner John Mara came in just a few minutes later, just after noon, with one of his grandchildren latched on one hand.

General manager Jerry Reese was en route, making the trip from his second-story office, past the cafeteria, locker room and weight room before ducking out in the cold on his way to the indoor practice facility.

Under Coughlin’s watch, things happen with mechanical precision. Coaches watch the same things, at the same time on the same day. Executives walk in during the same portion of practice. It’s a comfortable and celebrated consistency.

Perhaps that’s why the coach bristled at a reporter’s question about the "last" workout of the year. After today’s home game against the Washington Redskins, change could be prevalent. Free agents will leave, so might some coaches. The routine will be rebuilt with some new faces in mind.

"I don’t like the word ‘last,’" Coughlin said. "I actually told them today I’d like to slow it down."

To gain a sense of what those changes might be, The Star-Ledger polled current and former NFL executives, some of whom were granted anonymity to speak freely.

The Giants will miss the postseason for the fourth time in the past five years, while also winning a Super Bowl in that span. They have a likely Hall of Fame coach, but one who will turn 68 next season and enter the final year of his contract.

They are a tangled web or a franchise simply shaking off some rust — depends who you ask. But even the most dependable operations need new blood, new energy and fine-tuning.

With some expert guidance, here’s how we would do it.

THE OFFENSIVE LINE

It was the basis of many of the offensive woes this season, and the first direction many around the NFL point to: Fix the offensive line.

With David Baas ($8.225 million cap number) and Chris Snee ($11.7 million) coming off in-season surgeries, the stability of the unit has never been more in question, especially after some younger players struggled against a slew of top-tier pass-rushers this season.

"Offensive linemen, first and second round," said one former executive with close ties to the Giants’ front office, when asked about where the team should look in the draft.

The Giants trotted out seven different starting combinations along the line this season. Quarterback Eli Manning has been sacked a career-high 38 times (entering play today).

Forty-one percent of Manning’s drop-backs resulted in pressure, yielding a 49 percent completion rate and 10 of his 26 interceptions — also a career high.

The run game did not fare much better. With Andre Brown and David Wilson each missing more than half the team’s games this season, a rotation of running backs slogged to the second-worst rushing offense (80.7 yards per game) in football.

Had it not been for Brown’s return, they would more than likely have finished dead last.

So, how does this get better in one season? Charley Casserly, a former Redskins and Texans executive who works with the NFL Network, was intrigued with the idea of moving Justin Pugh to guard and letting Will Beatty, the team’s current left tackle, compete with a pair of potential tackles taken in the upcoming draft.

Despite some hesitancy on the part of offensive line coach Pat Flaherty — among the most highly regarded of the staff by one of the NFC executive’s polled — to move Pugh from a position where he excelled, the glut of offensive line talent in next year’s draft could be too enticing.

THE PASS RUSH

Ernie Accorsi left the franchise in 2007, but said he did so pleased with the fact that everything he knew — all of his theories, ideas and instincts — were shared with Reese and then-assistant GM Dave Gettleman.

One of those was that pass-rushers are the league’s most premium asset outside of quarterbacks. The Giants already have their franchise passer in Manning, but the Giants pass rush is another story.

Outside of a vintage four-sack performance earlier this month from Justin Tuck, a player who must be re-signed, according to executives polled for this story, the team does not have any "world beaters" to build around, one AFC executive said.

Damontre Moore is still a step away, and Jason Pierre-Paul is not to the point — health wise or in his development — where he could anchor the defensive front against the run and pass.

According to one NFC executive, the Giants still worry about Pierre-Paul’s maturity. The executive floated the theory that the Giants kept Pierre-Paul on the active roster despite a season-ending shoulder injury in order to make sure he was still vested in a daily workout program.

This creates the heightened need for Tuck, a mentor and defensive captain, to come back, and could possibly increase his price tag this offseason. Tuck, who signed a five-year, $30 million deal in 2008, has not appeared averse to going to another team, although his desire is to return.

But it also creates the need for the Giants to hit on another pass-rusher in the draft. There are at least a half-dozen projected to go in the first round in 2014 — the Giants currently hold the No. 11 pick — but some around the league feel there is a deeper value in later rounds.

The Giants need to re-create the top-heavy rush that buoyed a pair of Super Bowl runs. Heading into the finale, their 31 sacks rank 25th in the league.

There is also a chance they lose Linval Joseph in free agency, and Mathias Kiwanuka has a mammoth cap figure for next year, in excess of $7 million, that will merit some consideration.

"With Osi (Umenyiora), they had that extra rusher that put them over the edge, made them difficult to stop," one AFC executive said.

That is not the case anymore.

THE NICKS ‘SITUATION’

In a handful of interviews this season, wide receiver Hakeem Nicks made vague references to his "situation," although it was never entirely clear what that meant.

The most common connection was that Nicks was a pending free agent; one that might set the market price for available wide receivers this offseason.

But some around the NFL say the Giants’ wideout may have been protecting himself in order to finish the season healthy. Nicks enters today’s game with just one catch in the red zone.

Coughlin and offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride have both made veiled statements about their unhappiness with certain wide receivers not going up for the ball.

Gilbride said bluntly that Nicks’ lack of production had nothing to do with opposing defenses, and referenced a pass in last week’s victory over Detroit that hit the Nicks in the chest.

He would not go as far as to say Nicks was blatantly protecting himself, though.

"I hope not," Gilbride told The Star-Ledger last week. "Yeah, I don’t think he’s that way. I’d be surprised if that was it."

For his part, Nicks denied being worried about injuries in an interview Friday and expressed interest in returning to the Giants. He plans to bring his representatives to a meeting with the team next week.

Nicks intimated that organizational stability, not money, is the foremost issue on his mind and he has managed to handle his off-field business well, keeping it far from public conversation.

Still, the refrain from a few executives was simple: Don’t sign Nicks to a long-term deal. With a flat salary cap in play, the Giants already have $10,125,612 committed to wide receivers.

Even if Nicks got a deal identical to that of Victor Cruz, or took slightly less (Nicks would not rule out a "hometown discount" for the Giants), it would add another mammoth number into the equation.

Placing the franchise tag on Nicks — a number that would be more than $10.5 million — would more than double the Giants’ cap space devoted to just one position.

That is unless Nicks comes in much cheaper than expected after a down year. Despite all the issues, his talent level is at its peak and he’s among the 10 best in the game.

"His best option might be a short-term deal with the Giants," Casserly said.

THE COACHES

When it comes to the future of the Giants coaching staff, the buzz word is "equity." Coughlin has won two Super Bowls, and deserves the right to stay, according to those polled for this story.

Gilbride, one of the coordinators most frequently embroiled in speculation about his job, has overseen four of the five seasons in franchise history where the Giants have scored more than 400 points.

Outside of defensive coordinator Perry Fewell, who arrived in 2010, all of Coughlin’s coordinators have been around for both Super Bowl runs.

"Look at what they’ve done," said one former AFC executive. "They have a ton of great coaches on that staff."

While a scapegoat might be needed to satisfy an unhappy fan base, Billy Devaney, a former Rams general manager and current analyst for ESPN, praised the patience and decision-making ability of Mara and Reese.

Refusing to make any rash decisions allows coaches to operate with more freedom. Coughlin has had just two losing seasons since his arrival in 2004.

"They will get together and evaluate everything and every one in the organization," Devaney said. "And I would feel good about everyone doing it. The Maras, the Tisches, Jerry and Tom. They’re pretty damn good."

More than once last week, Coughlin walked off the practice field smiling. Even on his worst days, his perspective remains intact.

He walked past players who stayed with him after an 0-6 start, and past the weight room where so many injured players cycled through for rehab. About 20 yards ahead, there was the meeting room, where the Giants coach spent more than a month bearing his soul to a group of players he thought could turn it around.

On Friday, there would be football — game-planning, speeches, snap decisions and adjustments — for just two more days. Then, the repairing process begins.

"I’m not one that’s in favor of the 16th game of the year being this weekend," he said. "I wish we had some more to play."

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2013/12/giants_nfl_executives_chime_in_on_what_improvements_are_needed_in_the_offseason.html?

Decent read. Interesting to note the theory that JPP wasn't shut down for the season was to ensure that he still had to stick to a workout program.

Edited by adz.villa

Kevin Gilbride announces retirement Giants Offensive Coordinator Kevin Gilbride announced his retirement ThursdayEAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. – After almost 40 years as a football coach, Kevin Gilbride knew it was time to put family ahead of football. But the Giants offensive coordinator, who today announced his retirement, didn’t think it would be so difficult to step away from the game that has been such an integral part of his life.

“It’s hard to say, ‘It’s time,’” Gilbride said. “To finally do it, it’s a very unnatural feeling. I’ve been telling my wife (Debbie) for years I was going to do it. She moved back to Rhode Island (where she helps care for a granddaughter when the Gilbrides’ daughter is working), so I’ve been by myself in the hotel for three or four years. I knew this was it and I was going to do it. I finally pulled the trigger. But it’s difficult.”

Not just for Gilbride, but for those he has worked for and with during his 10 years with the Giants.

“I have great respect for Kevin and Debbie and their family, so it’s not an easy thing to part ways,” coach Tom Coughlin said. “Kevin is a professional. He’s been an exceptional football coach for the New York Giants. He helped win two Super Bowl championships. Kevin was the play-caller in Super Bowls XLII and XLVI. He has done a great service to the franchise.”

In addition to the Super Bowl victories, Gilbride, 62, coached the Giants offense when it earned five playoff berths and won three NFC East championships. He was one six assistant coaches who have been with the Giants for each of Coughlin’s 10 seasons as head coach. The others are Pat Flaherty (offensive line), Jerald Ingram (running backs), David Merritt (secondary/safeties), Jerry Palmieri (strength and conditioning) and Michael Pope (tight ends).

“Kevin is an outstanding coach who made enormous contributions to this franchise,” said John Mara, the Giants’ president and chief executive officer. “He helped us win a lot of games over the past 10 years, including two Super Bowls. He will be remembered as one of the best coaches to ever represent the New York Giants.”

“Since Tom elevated Kevin to the role of offensive coordinator, we have added two more Lombardi Trophies to our display case,” Giants chairman and executive vice president Steve Tisch said. “For that, and Kevin’s tremendous commitment and dedication to his craft and this organization, we will always be grateful.”

General manager Jerry Reese also lauded Gilbride.

“Kevin has been a special person around here for a long time and a very good football coach,” Reese said. “We are grateful for his years of service with us, especially during the two championship seasons. I wish only the best for him and his family moving forward.”

Gilbride was the quarterbacks coach in his first three seasons with the Giants and was instrumental in the rapid development of Eli Manning from a green rookie to an outstanding quarterback whose big plays were instrumental in the Giants’ title runs.

“I have a tremendous amount of respect and admiration for Kevin,” Manning said. “I’m really sad to see him retire. He has been with me from day one as my quarterbacks coach and then my coordinator. He really taught me everything I needed to learn to become an NFL quarterback. We’ve had so much success together, obviously winning our two Super Bowls. His offenses have had great success in this league for many, many years. He’s been a great coach and great friend over these 10 years, and I’m definitely going miss him on the field and in the meeting rooms.”

>> TOP-10 MOST POINTS UNDER KEVIN GILBRIDE

The 2013 season was Gilbride’s 39th in coaching, 24th in the National Football League and 10th with the Giants.

“I’ve enjoyed every minute of coaching,” Gilbride said. “Certainly the last 10 years with the Giants has been a special time, to be part of the bringing the Super Bowls to New York and New Jersey and the Giants organization. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the development of some of the young players that we brought along, certainly starting with Eli. But (also) Steve Smith and Victor Cruz; they hadn’t had a Pro Bowl receiver since 1968 and we brought two back to them. That’s been fun. And I thoroughly enjoyed being part of those exciting last-minute drives that we seem to excel at. That 2011 season, we had six or seven of them, including the Super Bowl.”

Gilbride assumed play-calling duties from former coordinator John Hufnagel prior to the 2006 regular season finale in Washington and has been the offensive coordinator ever since.

“I asked Kevin to take those responsibilities for that last game,” Coughlin said. “He accepted that responsibility even though there was no announcement of that title at that time. We went into that game and rushed for 261 yards and won the football game (to secure a playoff berth). Subsequently, Kevin was named offensive coordinator. And he did an outstanding job.”

The numbers prove that. With Gilbride constructing game plans and calling plays, the Giants’ have often had one of the most prolific offenses in the NFL.

In 2012, the Giants scored 429 points, the second-highest total in franchise history; the 1963 Giants scored 448. The 2012 season was the fifth in the 88-year history of the franchise in which the Giants scored more than 400 points. Three of them occurred under Gilbride: 2012 (429 points), 2008 (427) and 2009 (402). The Giants’ 429 points were 35 more than the 2011 Super Bowl champions scored.

The Giants scored a franchise-record 278 points at home in 2012, shattering the old mark of 248, set in 2007. In their last three home games of that season – victories over Green Bay, New Orleans and Philadelphia – the Giants scored 38, 52 and 42 points.

In 2011, the Giants gained a franchise-record 6,161 yards, breaking the mark of 6,085 set in 2010. Those are the only 6,000-yard seasons in Giants history.

The Giants shattered another record that season with 4,734 net passing yards. The former mark of 4,019 was set in 2009. Those are the only 4,000-yard passing seasons in Giants history. The Giants were fifth in the NFL with 295.9 passing yards a game, their highest ranking since the 1984 team finished fifth. In 2011, the Giants had at least 200 passing yards in every game for the first time in their history. They set another franchise mark with 359 pass completions. The Giants led the NFL with 18 completions of 40 or more yards in 2011.

“Kevin is known for his expertise in the pass game,” Coughlin said. “But it’s important to recognize that he is outstanding at devising protections for some of the complex issues we face today from the standpoint of keeping the quarterback on his feet.”

In their four-game 2011 postseason run, which culminated in a 21-17 victory over New England in Super Bowl XLVI, the Giants averaged 25.5 points and 402.5 yards, higher figures than their regular season averages of 24.6 points and 385.1 yards.

However, the offense sputtered for much of the 2013 season. The Giants scored 294 points, the lowest total of the Coughlin/Gilbride era. They finished 28th in the NFL in total yards (307.5 a game), 29th in rushing yards per game (83.3) and 30th in yards per carry (3.5). Manning threw a career-high and franchise-record 27 interceptions against only 18 touchdown passes.

The lineup underwent constant restructuring because of injuries. The Giants lost stalwarts such as Chris Snee and David Baas. David Wilson’s season was cut short by injury and the Giants used six different starting running backs and seven starting offensive line combinations.

“It is difficult to walk away after a season like that, no question,” Gilbride said. “You made the adjustments and you continue to modify and adapt and do the things you had to do to give your guys a chance. But all of the success we’ve had offensively through the last five or six years, we just weren’t able to get it done this year with all of the things that took place. But the thing we never did, we never used it as an excuse or explanation. We just continued to battle through and to win seven of our last 10 the way we did, I was very proud of our coaches and players.”

Gilbride joined the Giants as the team’s quarterbacks coach on Jan. 26, 2004, soon after Coughlin was hired as the team’s head coach. The two coaches had first worked together in 1995-96, when Coughlin was the head coach of the expansion Jacksonville Jaguars and Gilbride was the franchise’s first offensive coordinator in 1995-96. Gilbride has also coordinated offenses for the Houston Oilers, Pittsburgh Steelers and Buffalo Bills and was the head coach of the San Diego Chargers for 22 games in 1997-98.

“What I’ll miss most of all are the relationships,” Gilbride said, “certainly starting with Tom and all that he means to us, but also the other coaches and the players. When you’re with them in that environment, the crucible of competition, it’s hard not to forge some very, very strong bonds. It will be very difficult to say goodbye to those guys. I will miss them terribly. I’ll miss everybody in the organization.”

And the Giants will certainly miss Kevin Gilbride.

Link

Im not going to celebrate his departure totally yet because he was very successful to be fair and we could end up with something worse!

Giants Offensive Rankings by Points Per Game by season:

2013 - 28th

2012 - 6th

2011 - 9th

2010 - 7th

2009 - 8th

2008 - 3rd

2007 - 14th

2006 - 11th

I think the last year and a half the offense has been completely rumbled and we have been too stubborn to adapt.  With this in mind talk of bringing back Mike Sullivan from Tampa is just basically an inside hire that will result in the same offense being run.  That being said he did get Eli playing awesome with a bad line in 2011!

Id like Norv Turner.

Sad day for me as he is probably my favourite Giant ever:

Brandon Jacobs announces retirement
Posted by Curtis Crabtree on January 2, 2014, 11:09 PM EST
brandon-jacobs.jpg?w=250Getty Images

Running back Brandon Jacobs has elected to retire from the NFL after nine seasons in the league.

Jacobs announced his decision on Twitter.

After 9 years in this whirlwind business they call the NFL, I am proud to announce that I am hanging up my cleats. I’ve had an amazing run and I appreciate all of the support from the fans through the good and the bad,” Jacobs said in a statement.

“The New York Giants are a great organization and I am proud to have been a part of it for so long. I love my coaches and my teammates and will miss them as well as the game itself but I am healing well from my surgery and I look forward to running around with my kids for years to come!”

Jacobs said earlier this week he was interested in continuing his career but only with the New York Giants. He was placed on injured reserve in December.

Jacobs finishes his career 5,094 yards and 60 touchdowns in eight seasons with the Giants and one forgettable season with the San Francisco 49ers. Jacobs returned to the Giants this season amid a myriad on injuries at running back for New York and rushed for 238 yards and four touchdowns in seven games played.

Link

jacobs-truck-stick.gif

landryjacobs.gif

Jacobs-1.gif

GIF-Jacobs.gif

Football_cb903b_1420468.gif

I love Brandon Jacobs. My favourite Giant in the time that I've supported them. Gutted but not surprised. :(

I read Gilbride has been living in a hotel room on his own for four years. He's provided a great service but the time for change has come.

Fewell interviewing for Washington HC job. Rooney rule?

In Tom Coughlin's 10 seasons in New York, the Giants have eight playoff victories. The rest of the NFC East has seven. #NYG

@RVacchianoNYDN
12:35 AM - 5 Jan 2014

2 rings to 0 also.

Of the 13 NFC Champions in this millennium, 3 belong to the Giants while the other 10 belong to 10 different teams.

But with GB, SF, Sea, CAR, and NO remaining, one of them will reach the Super Bowl for the 2nd time.

Pretty interesting interview with Gilbride:

@RVacchianoNYDN: Gilbride reiterated it was his decision to retire, citing family. "Sometimes it reaches a point where you have to say 'Enough is enough.'"

@RVacchianoNYDN: Gilbride said "We had been concerned about the depth in the O-line for a while now" and cited that as main reason for offensive woes.

@RVacchianoNYDN: Gilbride said the O-line "made it impossible for our qb to function ... You give him help and he's proven he can win a championship."

@RVacchianoNYDN: Gilbride also praised Victor Cruz, but said "It became readily apparent to defenses we weren’t playing well on the outside positions." #NYG

Ralph Vacchiano ‏@RVacchianoNYDN 1m
Gilbride said "I think there’s no question (Will Beatty) has the physical skills to play the left tackle position." #NYG

@RVacchianoNYDN: Gilbride said he thinks Giants will look for a bigger, faster TE than Brandon Myers and a "bellcow" at running back in the offseason.

@RVacchianoNYDN: Also, Gilbride praised Mike Sullivan, said he'd be a "good choice" to replace him, especially if Giants want "a seamless transition." #NYG

@alexmarvez: Gilbride said @GIants o-line problems forced more 3-step drops & play-action passes rather than 5- to 7-step drops where Manning excels

Alex Marvez ‏@alexmarvez 8m
Gilbride said Brandon Myers would be ideal No. 2 TE but @Giants ideally need bigger, faster player at position

SiriusXM NFL Radio ‏@SiriusXMNFL 10m
Gilbride "We made the gamble that William Beatty was the guy at LT. There's no question he has the physical talent but toughness is the key"

Pete Damilatis ‏@PFF_Pete 2m Giants had 99 yds on HB & WR screens this season, 2nd-fewest in the NFL. Packers were 4th-most in the league with 528.

He walked out an interview with the Dolphins today to agree to the Giants job!

Pete Damilatis ‏@PFF_Pete

Packers were also 1st in the NFL with 273 yds on back-shoulder throws. Matt Flynn alone had 83, more than 21 NFL teams. #McAdoo

Tom Rock ‏@TomRock_Newsday 37s

Eli spoke to McAdoo on phone last week. "We had a great conversation ... I look forward to working with him and improving our offense."

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 2m

McAdoo said working with Manning is "very exciting" prospect. Coughlin called him the "best coach for the job." #nyg

Tom Rock ‏@TomRock_Newsday 4m

TC calls McAdoo "the best coach for the job,” says players "are going to be exited to hear what he has to say.”

Conor Orr ‏@ConorTOrr 2m

McAdoo promises up-tempo, attacking style offense. #nyg

Art Stapleton ‏@art_stapleton 3m

New #NYG OC Ben McAdoo: "It’s a golden opportunity for me. It’s an opportunity I feel I’ve been groomed for. And I look forward to it.”

Patricia Traina ‏@Patricia_Traina 5m

More TC on McAdoo: "“(McAdoo) is a detailed, very, very meticulous coach who has been greatly influenced by Mike McCarthy.”

Tom Rock ‏@TomRock_Newsday 1m

McAdoo: "We’re going to be an up-tempo attacking-style offense. We’re going to play w good energy. And we’re going to rely on fundamentals.”

More TC on what impressed him about McAdoo:

“He’s a very detail-oriented, meticulous teacher, a fundamentalist, first and foremost. I was very, very impressed by the presentation that he made, in terms of the fundamental details of his presentation, whether it is quarterback fundamentals, offensive philosophy. I was just very, very impressed with that."

More TC on what impressed him about McAdoo:

“He’s a very detail-oriented, meticulous teacher, a fundamentalist, first and foremost. I was very, very impressed by the presentation that he made, in terms of the fundamental details of his presentation, whether it is quarterback fundamentals, offensive philosophy. I was just very, very impressed with that."

This is great news!  Cruz, Randle and Jernigan in a West Coast Offense will be lethal!  Bring back Nicks on a one year deal for him to prove his real value too and i think this offense has serious potential!

Wow!  Looks like we are cleaning house offensively then to bring in this new scheme.

Jerlad Ingram and Mike Pope, long term RB and TE coach are both being let go.  With any luck Gilbride Jr will be shortly behind them after the superb job he did coaching the WR's this past season....

That being said i liked Ingram and Pope is one of the best TE coaches in the league, so it looks like we are rebuilding the offense completely! :D

Jake ballardþ@TheJakeBallard5m
Can't believe Coach Mike Pope is out of New York... Didn't like waking up to this news... Great coach and great person!

Ralph Vacchianoþ@RVacchianoNYDN31s
From former Giants TE Martellus Bennett ... RT @martysaurusrex Mike Pope leaving the Giants. Wow. Such a great man and awesome coach.

20+ years and 4 rings for Pope.  Sad day when people like that have to go, Gilbride Jr and Ryan better go too!

Â