Giants News

kkr

Probowlers - Ohara, Snee, Tuck, Rolle.

OHara has played 5 games this year, what a joke! People probably thought oh whos that Giants C when we were dominating running the game and picked him rather than Seubert. O'Hara's return coincided with the running game dropping off big time so im glad to hear he has reaggribvated a injury which will most likely see Seubert return to C this week.

Good news as Nicks has a broken toe and will miss the game so perhaps we can get back to running the ball well now.

Philli loss basically means the Bears have nothing to play for aside from eliminating their most bitter rival from the playoffs. IF GB get in the first chance the Bears see them though would be the NFC Championship game.

We need a lot of luck to make it this time, even more so now the Bears have nothing to play for and with Nicks out too. O'Hara out is a + though!

Yeah i think pretty much that is what has happened! Its a farce, especially the linemen, they always go on rep rather than production.

Slim chance we get into the playoffs but i would like to post the following that was left on Tom Coughlin's answering phone on 30/12/2007, FAO the Chicago Bears organisation and fans:

Just called to congratulate you and your team for a great effort last night. Not good, but great. I think it's one of the best things to happen in the NFL in the last ten years, and I don't know if they all know it, but they should be very grateful to you and your team for what you did.

I believe so firmly in this: that there is only one way to play the game, and it is a regular season game and you go out and win the darn game. I was just so proud being a part of the NFL and of what your guys did and the way you did it. You proved that it's a game and there's only one way to play the game and you did it. The NFL needed it.

We've gotten too much of, "Well, they're going to rest their players and don't need to win, therefore they won't win." Well, that's not sports and that's not competition.

I'm a little emotional about it. I'm just so proud. It's something we all need to thank you for, and I believe the NFL needed that.

-John Madden

having a Def that gives up 500 yards and wants to be in the play-offs (for what)

thats retarted !! :P

New England.

Doesn't matter how you get there or what you do in the reg season, its how you perform in the second season. There are numerous examples of this over the past few seasons; 06 Colts(run D), 07 Giants, 08 Cards.

The Bears have earned the right to do whatever they want this weekend, but if my team went on the road and rested their starters and rolled over for our most bitter divisional rival with one of the most potent offenses in the league to allow them into the playoffs i would not be happy.

Good news is Coughlin stays! Hopefully we tinker with the offense this offseason, getting rid of Gilbride i would support, but we need to keep Ingram and Flaherty.

Take a TE high in the draft to replace Boss who might hit FA or to replace him long term and we are going to need more o-line depth. Linebackers defensively and a CB to replace Ross, maybe a DE if Kiwi goes too.

Resigning Cofield and Grant would be priority for me as well as obviously #12. Id franchise Bradshaw and pick up another back to replace him in the draft, he is good but he wore down as the season went on and the past few games i think he has been poor and then there are the fumbles.

Manningham missed out on a 1000yd season by 66 yards but Eli hit 4k for the second consecutive season, only ever Giant QB to do so, both times we missed the playoffs. His 30+ TD's are the highest amount since YA Tittle iirc but dont quote me and his 25 ints are a franchise record too, not sure if that is outright, might be tied. Clearly we need a receiver who can catch all the overthrows and not tip them to the defense........

Osi had 11 sacks and 10 FF, which is around the record on a season for FF.

Think the D was great at times and really bad at others, obviously an improvement on a season ago and steps in the right direction. We need to add a few pieces here and there and bring back some others but i think it has the potential to be elite. Jekyl and Hyde a bit from Fewell, he can create masterful gameplans and then just really poor gameplans too, sometimes both not mentioning any games....

Gutted to not get in 10-6 but im over it already, still a good season and 10 wins which is good. BS the Seahawks get in at 7-9 but i would rather be in our position roster and coaching wise than theirs. Sadly our division is consistantly up there with the best every year so we cant get in as a scrub team, or even a decent 10-6 team.

D led the league in sacks and turnovers setting a new single season record for ff i think i read somewhere. If we keep Fewell (HC candidate id say) then add a few pieces and as i said before, we could be dominant again defensively.

Coughlin will definitely be up for next season because I think it's his last year in any scenario. If we win it, he'll retire on a high, if we don't then I can't see us giving him a new contract at his age (I think it's his last year on his deal anyway, could be wrong).

Fewell needs to just be more sensible in his decisions. Against Indy he got it horribly wrong by being scared of Peyton and had no intention of playing the run - so they beat us with the run. Then the collapse against Philly he got too brave in trying to get to Vick, why give Vick the chance of beating you? Most games he got it right, though it's worrying that he seemed to get it very wrong against the type of teams we'd see in the playoffs.

FAs

QB Sorgi

RB Bradshaw

RB Ware

WR Smith

WR Hixon

TE Boss

G Boothe

DE Kiwanuka

DE Tollefson

DT Cofield

LB Bullock

LB Blackburn

S Grant

S Johnson

There's quite a few I'd like back!

It was 11.5 sacks for Osi and 10 FF which is a NFL record. Tuck also had 11.5 and we had 46 as a team good enough for the 3rd best total this year.

We led the league in takeaways and yet never got a defensive score.

If the price is right i would bring back all those free agents except Sorgi and Johnson. Question marks over Kiwanuka and Hixon due to the injury, hopefully Smith will be locked up but negotiations might drag on as he is injured too. No better 3rd down receiver in the game though so pay the man.

Kiwanuka i like a lot, but i think he might be let go of and i think Boss and Hixon could sadly be the same, however i hope they are back. Tollefson is a solid backup and good special teams guy so hopefully we can get him in cheaply too, same for Blackburn.

Seuberts injury is a really bad one, torn patella tendon as well as dislocated kneecap. He suffered a bad leg injury before that had him out nearly two seasons so it wouldnt surprise me if he decided enough was enough, which is a shame as he was our best lineman all year and is responsible for O'Hara going to the probowl!

Notice the drop off in running game after he left the field of play, huge.

TheBlueScreen Ralph Vacchiano

Report out of Connecticut says #NYG offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride is a candidate for the UConn head coaching job.

Please please please!

Â