Giants News

kkr

I'm calling it now. We're gonna destroy the Vikes. They cannot defend the pass, and with a long week behind us, a rejuvenated Eli will run the show throwing bombs like it's WWII, and the solid run D we've had in the past few games will shut out AP.

fingers-crossed.gif

Madden curse sufferer Hillis is in. He says he thinks he can adapt to the scheme well as the terminology is similar to the type they use in Tampa Bay. Wonder if this means that Michael Cox won't get the carries he was apparently told he would get on Monday night, as Jacobs has said he's fine to play as well.

Either way, I think it's a decent pick-up until Andre Brown gets back.

Edited by adz.villa

Bunch of fairys, cut/trade them.

Gilbrides QB’s interception numbers everwhere hes been an offensive coordinator:

Warren Moon:
1990: 13
1991: 21
1992: 12
1993: 21
1994: 19

Mark Brunell:
1995: 7 (only started 10 games)
1996: 20

Chargers as Head coach:

1997:starting qbs totaled 21 int

1999 Steelers: Qb combined for 21 int

2000 Steelers: Qb combined for 12 int

Drew Bledsoe
2002: 15 int
2003: 12 Int

Eli Manning
2007: 20
2008: 10
2009: 14
2010: 25
2011: 16
2012: 15
2013: 15 and counting

Cut this guy too!

Edited by kkr

I think it's nice to see a bit of good natured jesting. I can see why some fans may be aggravated by it, but it's better than them being utterly depressed about their faults as that would make them play even worse.

I like both of them actually, they've got potential. If Randle improves his route running he'll be a good #3 receiver. Wilson just needs to cut out the fumbles, obviously. 

I agree on getting rid of Gilbride, although not until the end of the season. Changing now may do more harm than good, especially since we've shown signs of improvement in the past couple of games. 

Depends if it was jesting or not.  What with T2 saying the other day that some people dont care that we are 0-6 and then these clowns do this.  Also talk of a fractured locker room and that some people flat out dont like one another, and then these clowns do this.

This team has declined from a perennial championship contender to a laughing stock and the worst team in the league.  The ineptitude of Jerry Reese drafting useless garbage like these two players is the reason why.

2007 Draft Class

1 - Aaron Ross -  On IR

2 - Steve Smith - Out of football

3 - Jay Alford - Out of football

4 - Zak DeOssie - Career special teamer

5 - Kevin Boss - Out of football

6 - Adam Koets - Out of football

7 - Michael Johnson - Out of football

7 - Ahmad Bradshaw - No longer with the Giants, on IR

2008 Draft Class

1 - Kenny Phillips - Out of football with degenerative knee

2 - Terrell Thomas - 3 x ACL tears

3 - Marion Manningham - No longer with Giants

4 - Bryan Kehl - No longer with Giants

5 - Jonathan Goff - Out of football

6 - Andre Woodson - Never played in NFL

6 - Robert henderson - Never played in the NFL

2009 Draft Class

1 - Hakeem Nicks - Never played a 16 game season

2 - Clint Sintim - No longer in the league

2 - William Beatty  -Ranked 59th best tackle in the NFL by PFF...

3 - Ramses Barden - No longer in the league

3 - Travis Beckum -  No longer in the league

4 - Andre Brown - Never healthy

5 - Rhett Bomar -  Never played in the league

6 - DeAndre Wright - Never played in the league

7 - Stoney Woodson - Never played in the league

2010 Draft Class

1 - Jason Pierre-Paul - A shell of his former self after back surgery

2 - Linval Joseph - Pending free agent

3 - Chad Jones - Never played in the league

4 - Philip Dilliard - No longer in the league

5 - Mitch Petrus - No longer in the league

6 - Adrian Tracy - No longer in the league

7 - Matt Dodge - No longer in the league

2011 Draft Class

1 - Prince Amukamara -

2 - Marvin Austin - No longer in the league, cut recently by Miami

3 - Jerrel Jernigan - Career stats, 6 receptions, 40 yards, 0TDs.

4 - James Brewer - Out of favour for injured washed up vets

6 - Greg Jones - Out of the league

6 - Tyler Sash - Out of the league

6 - Jacquian Williams - Not good enough to start for the worst LB corps in the league

7 - Da'Rel Scott - Bouncing around the Giants roster

2012 Draft Class

1 - David Wilson -  Fumbling Bust

2 - Ruben Randle - Moron

3 - Jayron Hosley - Cant stay healthy

4 - Adrian Robinson - "The JPP of TE's", who cant stay healthy or get on the field

4 - Brandon Mosely - Out of favour for injured washed up vets

6 - Matt McCants - with Oakland

7 - Markus Kuhn - on PUP

2013 Draft Class

1 - Justin Pugh - Looks half decent

2 - Johnatahn Hankins - Looks decent from limited playing time, needs to see the field more

3 - Damontre Moore - Injured a lot so far but looks very promising

4 - Ryan Nassib - Lets trade up for a QB who will probably never play in the league

5 - Cooper Taylor - Too early to see where he fits, another project player

7 - Eric Herman - Practice squad

7 - Michael Cox - Cant get on the field even though RB is most injured postition

No wonder Coughlin likes to play the vets, they are the players Accorsi selected and most responsible for the 2 rings.  Get rid of Reese and most of his bust picks and get a real GM in.

Edited by kkr

Pretty sure they were joking. Not sure I buy into the rumours of some players not caring really, the sense you get from the reporters and such who get access inside is that the team is pretty together. I just think that some players have been here too long and are way past their best.

At least this draft class is showing some promise with Pugh, Big Hank and Moore. I never understood the logic in drafting Nassib in the first place, as even if we drafted him in order to get an extra pick down the line, who's gonna want him if he hasn't seen a single snap since being here?

We need a complete overhaul, that much is obvious. Tuck, as much as I love him, has to go. Same with Snee (probs retire anyways), Baas, Diehl, and maybe even Webster and Beatty. The secondary has been playing alright considering the challenges they've had to cope with so far in my opinion so not much need to change much there.

TC has been saying how we need to be more "creative" in the pass rush. Whatever that means.

TC has been saying how we need to be more "creative" in the pass rush. Whatever that means.

Tuck was saying something similar in so much as it is everyone who isnt getting to the QB, not just Tuck, not just JPP, not just Kiwi, not just Jenkins, not just Moore.  Its the scheme and badly called blitz packages so i think it was time to get creative half way through last season rather than half way through this!

Tuck is in a contract year and i dont see anyone paying big for him with how he has played the last two seasons.  Get Spags back as DC for a more aggressive scheme and let see if Tuck has anything left.  He looks frustrated every time he is out there!.

Justin Tuck is a top 15 DE in the league for his play against the run alone (#8 overall) despite the terrible pass rush.

JPP #35 of all DE's but #10 against the run.  According to PFF.

The one shining aspect of this team has been the run D.  If we can even get an average rush, it would be a pretty good D.  Shame the O scheme hasnt been and wont be changed. :|

Mike Patterson #11 DT in the league, obviously as a run stuffer.

Cullen Jenkins, the one Giant lineman who grades well for pas rush #15 DT in the league.

Joseph #28 out of 70 DT's.  Positive grading for run D.

NFL All Time Leading Passing Leaders by Yards

24. Phil Simms - 33,462, 1979-1993

25. Eli Manning - 33,248, 2004-Present

Eli has a chance to pass Phil Simms this weekend as all time Franchise leader.

Â