Gary McAllister - Assistant Head Coach

MaVilla

1 hour ago, villakram said:

The way he shafted Fowler out of pool... no idea how he is held in such high regard.

McAllister is a great add. Hopefully, we can get a bit of luck the first few weeks and really get to see what these lads can do. 

I think it was Thompson that forced Fowler out at Liverpool

22 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Funny as Downing to me played miles better under Houllier than MON. Indeed I actually though him moving on was partly as a result of Houllier leaving although he'd have probably fecked off regardless. Was very good for most of 2010/11 anyway and outperformed Young.

Young was getting a bit too big for his boots that season. He started playing up front in some games- you wouldn't think its the same player 10 years on!

Looking at McAllister's CV what did he do between leaving Villa and getting the Rangers job?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Young was getting a bit too big for his boots that season. He started playing up front in some games- you wouldn't think its the same player 10 years on!

Looking at McAllister's CV what did he do between leaving Villa and getting the Rangers job?

Think he went back to Liverpool for a bit and worked under Rodgers.

• 3 weeks later...

I wonder what effect Gary Mc is having on our midfielders?

Whilst Gerrard was undoubtedly one of the best for many reasons, I feel McAllister had to use guile, hard work and his footballing brain to achieve the success that he had. I can't help but feel he's a huge influence on players like Marv, Luiz and McGinn.

Â