Battlefield 6

lapal_fan

you think these will go service games too in the long run?

i came to the cold war party late, there seems an overwhelming amount of additional stuff even if 75% of it is pointless filler and an even higher percentage of it you have to pay for, they chuck loads of stuff at you

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

you think these will go service games too in the long run?

i came to the cold war party late, there seems an overwhelming amount of additional stuff even if 75% of it is pointless filler and an even higher percentage of it you have to pay for, they chuck loads of stuff at you

I think I've mentioned this on here before but I get the feeling COD's yearly releases going forward will essentially serve as expansion packs for Warzone, they're making more money from selling cosmetics for WZ than they are from developing standalone multiplayer games every year. I think all the additional content for Cold War is to compensate for how little it launched with - from what I gather Treyarch took over Cold War late into development after there was a fallout with another studio so it was rushed out - whereas Vanguard has launched with a lot more content so it'll be interesting to see how much more they add, not to mention half the additional maps for CW were remakes.

As for BF2042 I think they're sat on a gold mine with Portal, and I think going forward that's probably where they should focus their efforts - particularly if they want to go head to head with WZ/COD, they've basically given the player base the keys to the city to make the game they want to play. I could definitely see them moving to a F2P model with that in the future.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

So is anyone playing this and is it as bad as the reviews make out?

I've brought it and still playing it.  Need to play more online cuz I've mainly been doing games vs bots to get used to the mechanics etc.

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I played the 10 hour trial but haven't felt the need to play it much more than that. Game was too much of a mess. Might be better now tho

The patches have certainly improved a lot of the bugs and imperfections the trial had.  Still many QOL improvements to be made though. 

Â