Battlefield 6

lapal_fan

Official Trailer;

Most current information about the game, details on soilders, guns, content, battlepasses etc;

EVEN MORE INFO;

Gameplay reveal on the 13th June 2021. 

Guess I'll need to get my hands on a ps5 around Xmas time then, huh? :) 

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 2

Will defo be getting this when it comes out.   Like that they are taking advantage of the new gen consoles with larger lobbies.  And the possibility to have AI filling spaces on half empty servers could be great 👍 

13 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I hope there's crossplay. 

There will be cross play between xbox and PS, but I hope to god they don't include PC, or give us that option, it would be brutal.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

There will be cross play between xbox and PS, but I hope to god they don't include PC, or give us that option, it would be brutal.

I hope so, would be fun to play with some VT'ers seeing as thew majority of you lot are Playstation players, would be cool if crossplay was enabled. 

I think matching with PC players using a controller is kinda okay (though hacking is an issue still), so if they did input based matchmaking i'd be okay with that providing there was some way to disable PC players if the hacking gets too bad (see Warzone) 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I hope so, would be fun to play with some VT'ers seeing as thew majority of you lot are Playstation players, would be cool if crossplay was enabled. 

I think matching with PC players using a controller is kinda okay (though hacking is an issue still), so if they did input based matchmaking i'd be okay with that providing there was some way to disable PC players if the hacking gets too bad (see Warzone) 

Yea, cross play in Apex was a major concern for me as ps4 player, but cross play only includes consoles, which is a relief. 

There's some really good information videos coming from Matimo and another from Broken Machine about bits you may have missed in the clip, but the more I see, the more I appreciate DICE going in the direction of balls-to-the-wall fun, rather than trying to enforce gravitas and seriousness like they did (quite rightly) for battlefield 1 (especially) and battlefield 5.

Looking forward to the gameplay reveal on Sunday and now I have a reason to try and find a PS5 for October 22nd! :) 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

now I have a reason to try and find a PS5 for October 22nd! :) 

Good luck with that mission :trollface:

Dunno if you use Twitter much but Digital Foundry have an account that tweets when stock is available in places. Usually gone within minutes though. 

This account: 

• Like 1

I don't see the harm with battlepases, you don't need to pay for it, and doing so only gets you cosmetic items. People paying for battlepasses also allows developers to not charge for new maps so no one gets left behind.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Loved BC2, BF3, BF4

For reasons I don't quite get hated the last two.

This looks so much more up my alley - and now I really need that PS5. 

Edited by VBM
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

New Battlefield "Portal".

Players can create (within reason) game modes, change settings, run admin privileges or create scenarios using a script editor! - lots of scope for lots of very cool things.

It's mod tools without being mod tools.

• Like 1

On 27/07/2021 at 19:16, lapal_fan said:

New Battlefield "Portal".

Players can create (within reason) game modes, change settings, run admin privileges or create scenarios using a script editor! - lots of scope for lots of very cool things.

It's mod tools without being mod tools.

Yeah I like the look of that.  Even though I love the games I'm rubbish at them so this could be great to practise in.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The open beta is available today and tomorrow I believe.   Will be good to have a proper look at this.  Interested how it plays compared to 5 which I wasn't a fan of. 

• Like 1

Â