Returnal

dubbs

It's OK as long as you don't turn it off at the plug isn't it? If you put it in standby it will be there waiting for you

I'm expecting it to be dark souls in space and not really for me, psn+ is the perfect platform for me to try it though, it's the kind of game that suffered from there not being demos anymore (so also I like this premium trial thing too) 

39 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

It's OK as long as you don't turn it off at the plug isn't it? If you put it in standby it will be there waiting for you

I'm expecting it to be dark souls in space and not really for me, psn+ is the perfect platform for me to try it though, it's the kind of game that suffered from there not being demos anymore (so also I like this premium trial thing too) 

For sure, the only reason I’m trying it is because it’s free to play on PSPlus. I would never have paid outright for it

9 minutes ago, Chindie said:

It's not really a Souls-like. It's a third person shooter with roguelike gameplay. It's got more in common with Hades than Souls.

It's also very good. Hard, but good.

The hard was more what I was referencing with dark souls

I didn't get on with Hades either 

• 1 month later...

I tried the game. I don’t get it.

It’s hard, then I die, then I have to start again, but now the map has changed so I can’t carry on doing what I was. 

I have no idea what I’m actually trying to do or where to go (because the map keeps changing).  I just end up following the map marker until I die, then start again with a different map. 

I really don’t get it. I give up.

11 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I tried the game. I don’t get it.

It’s hard, then I die, then I have to start again, but now the map has changed so I can’t carry on doing what I was. 

I have no idea what I’m actually trying to do or where to go (because the map keeps changing).  I just end up following the map marker until I die, then start again with a different map. 

I really don’t get it. I give up.

Same.

Gave it a go but just could not get on with it.

You're trying to get a good run. Each run is different and progress is mostly reset, but the point is that you might get a good draw on weapons or buffs in the next run. You do have some things that persist per run - you have a currency that carries between runs that can be used in a few ways to help stack the cards in your favour. And true 'progress' is saved - beat a boss and you never need fight them again.

It's a roguelike. Each run is another step towards an ultimate goal

• Like 1

Â