Goal Frame Diameter & Offense

DWG_Pauly

10 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Closest I can think of is Rugby/American Football.

But they still average more tries/touchdowns than goals in football (I think).

Here's a couple of rugby facts...

Originally, tries didn't score any points, crossing the touchline just meant you could 'try' and kick a goal for a point. 

There were originally two types of football; rugby football and association football. Rugby football was shortened to 'rugger' and assoc. football was shortened to...socc-er.

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Slightly different angle but boxing... One split moment can decide the entire thing 

And formula one with the average 2 overtakes per race 

I meant proper sports.

ReadyFreshImpala-max-1mb.gif

2 hours ago, DWG_Pauly said:

I was thinking that if they were a bit smaller in diameter, there may be more goals. Didn't think that would effect the entire pitch geometry, but I suppose it would.

If you kept the goal line as it is and made the posts smaller, it depends where you positioned them. if you made them a smaller diameter from the centre (and therefore making the area of the goal actually bigger) then maybe it might make a small difference to goals scored off the post? If you did that, but moved them to to the back of the goal line where they should be instead of the centre it would likely have the opposite effect. you might be able to sneak the ball in from a tighter angle at the near post though.

i’m not sure why you’d want to do any of that though 😁

Edited by a m ole

4 minutes ago, a m ole said:

If you kept the goal line as it is and made the posts smaller, it depends where you positioned them. if you made them a smaller diameter from the centre (and therefore making the area of the goal actually bigger) then maybe it might make a small difference to goals scored off the post? If you did that, but moved them to to the back of the goal line instead of the centre it would likely have the opposite effect.

im not sure why you’d want to though 😁

I suppose the difference in goal amounts could be too little to measure.

40 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

excellent idea, to add to this i wish to propose a draft transfer system and also teams being able to sub on defenders when we are defending and more attackers when a team is attacking, this can be achieved by subs standing on the sideline ready to go, and then as soon as a player runs off another can come on.

also i propose all players to wear big shoulder pads and helmets like american footballers to reduce injury issues.

finally:

clean sheets should be called shut outs, balls out of play should be called out of bounds, penalty box should be hotbox, a draw should be called a tie.

finally finally.......clubs should be rebranded to franchises.....

Villa could get some sponsorship from Gillette and a barbecue company or something, we could be called Aston Gillette, the wokest a man can get.

To be clear, I was just wondering if the subject had been previously broached. It's not my idea for changing the game. Globally, football is the most important sport. American football is just entertainment and big-money inside the sphere of America. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DWG_Pauly said:

To be clear, I was just wondering if the subject had been previously broached. It's not my idea for changing the game. Globally, football is the most important sport. American football is just entertainment and big-money inside the sphere of America. 

Sorry if some of our fans get a bit snooty towards American sports/fans 😜  I think the closest there is to the kind of argument you're talking about is not whether the goal should change in men's football but rather women's as they play in the same size dimensions.  It's a controversial opinion but I think the female game would improve with slightly smaller pitches and goals, as many other sports make those kind of adjustments.

• Like 1

Just now, sharkyvilla said:

Sorry if some of our fans get a bit snooty towards American sports/fans 😜  I think the closest there is to the kind of argument you're talking about is not whether the goal should change in men's football but rather women's as they play in the same size dimensions.  It's a controversial opinion but I think the female game would improve with slightly smaller pitches and goals, as many other sports make those kind of adjustments.

No worries! I appreciate and understand the passion. 

I might agree with you if I were not afraid it would somehow get me into trouble.

28 minutes ago, DWG_Pauly said:

I was just joking m8.

• Like 1

Â