1. 1. Favourite Browser?

• IE6
    • Firefox
    • Netscape 8
    • Opera 8
    • MSN Explorer
    • Other, please specify.

Im quickly becoming converted!

Standard IE6 vs Standard Firefox is a (narrow) winner for IE every time, if you ask me.

But once you start playing with some of the add ons you get with Firefox, then IE just gets left behind.

I might have to retract my vote for IE.

Other - The one that came on my 'puter - Apple Safari v 2.0 is fine, now (Apple OS X Tiger).

I fetched the mozilla browser of the interweb because all my old e-mails were from using Netscape/Mozilla/Thunderbird on the old machine, and because my bank site won't let me look at it in safari, but will in mozilla. Haven't bothered with Firefox on the new machine.

I didnt think Villa fans were vain enough to own a mac!

s6vhaha.gif

not seen the Rogues Gallery pics of the ole fence sitter then?

The 2005 mullet ;-)

IE for business, Firefox for home..... if you have a well configured firewall sittin on your DMZ, i.e. Firewall 1 or a PIX, security risks are not an issue, and I.E. works well with AD, policies and roaming profiles

IE for business, Firefox for home..... if you have a well configured firewall sittin on your DMZ, i.e. Firewall 1 or a PIX, security risks are not an issue, and I.E. works well with AD, policies and roaming profiles

vive le geekdom ;-)

so AD - does it work

bugger......

I think he means zonealarm, amd anti-virus software!!!

giggle.gif

You have a firewall which can filter spyware and stop remote exploits? How much did that cost?

Your firewall should be at the boundary, not on the DMZ. The machines in the DMZ should be bastions only. Do you mean that you have a filtering proxy in the DMZ? That would make some sense.

and how does IE work with AD? Do you mean winduhs works well with AD? IE doesn't know anything about AD and it shouldn't do.

What I said, was that the firewall, sits on your DMZ border, and you know that, i.e. border management, which sits before, Surfcontrol and MailSweeper and Anti-Virus servers, which inturn is before your proxy and exchange servers. Plus a PIX can block any port.....

AD works well with all MS products for remote deployment of patches, updates and policies, via group membership. Also controls deployment of configs..... etc..... you need to use the full potential of AD

If you want a network diagram, would be happy to email one to you, and we haven't had any intrutions, or viruses for around 2 years....

Geek Wars is a great spectator sport :?

Ladies and Gentleman in the blue corner representing The Mod we have simon the limpid with his much smaller and far more geeky partners in crime IainG (the flower power - sorry ;-) ) and Le Lapin a recently trained individual with a penchant for strange hats.

whilst in the red corner representing the kingdom of geek are nickrogers - The Pilot and The-Rev a man so mysterious people do not believe he a train driver but some sort of Spook, working with the Secret Services.

Who will win ........

Let's get ready to rrrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmbbbbbbbbblllllllllleeeeeee

Im quickly becoming converted!

Standard IE6 vs Standard Firefox is a (narrow) winner for IE every time, if you ask me.

But once you start playing with some of the add ons you get with Firefox, then IE just gets left behind.

I might have to retract my vote for IE.

I'd say even the basic Firefox outguns IE, but still, at least you're starting to see the light... :D

What I said, was that the firewall, sits on your DMZ border, and you know that, i.e. border management, which sits before, Surfcontrol and MailSweeper and Anti-Virus servers, which inturn is before your proxy and exchange servers. Plus a PIX can block any port.....

AD works well with all MS products for remote deployment of patches, updates and policies, via group membership. Also controls deployment of configs..... etc..... you need to use the full potential of AD

If you want a network diagram, would be happy to email one to you, and we haven't had any intrutions, or viruses for around 2 years....

This is exactly why network administration is a black art, and something that I intend to stay well away from! Give me home users, with simple needs, such as anti-virus software, firewalls, and anti spyware software. Simple easy to configure, and use. I will leave the networking to the experts! :lol:

firefox wins for me for one simple reason. tabbed browsing (i read somehwere that ie7 will have this also)

also some sites are not optimised for firefox so ie occasionally gets let out of the box but it is not a preferred choice

Â