1. 1. Favourite Browser?

• IE6
    • Firefox
    • Netscape 8
    • Opera 8
    • MSN Explorer
    • Other, please specify.

IE6.

I have Firefox and Opera installed on my PC too, but i never really feel the need to use them.

I think IE7 is due out within the next month or so.

IE has crashed on me more times than I care to mention, I only use it now when I have to as some idiot has made a site not compatible with Firefox (which means they've written it specifically for IE - dumbass thing to do)

I've used Opera too, thats better than IE but I just prefer Firefox though Opera shouldn't be discounted as an alternative

MSN Explorer? Isn't that just IE for Dummies ;)

I cant say im pasionate about Firefox, its just ive never had any problems with it in over a year. Yet IE always had problems. But there are little things i like better about both. IE always seemed quicker(when it worked) but i think the right click options and the general look of firefox is better.

Well thats my uneducated opinion.

i still think IE is faster.

it certainly is on my PC.

These firexox plugins seem interesting though. How do you install them?

The phrase "don't get me started" has jumped into my head so I might stay muted for a while on this. But all I'd say is, if you haven't tried Firefox properly, get it, do the speed boost thing in the sticky thread, start using the tabbed browsing (especially the middle-click to open in a new tab feature) then give an informed opinion. People are scared of change, which is why IE users will assume Firefox isn't as good as IE before even using it.

This isn't aimed at anyone specific by the way, so don't take it personally any of you.

i still think IE is faster.

it certainly is on my PC.

These firexox plugins seem interesting though. How do you install them?

Again, have you applied the changed from the sticky?

Plugins are easy t install, go to the web site hosting them, click the install link and Firefox will download and install them itself. Restart Firefox and they're there to use.

Other - The one that came on my 'puter - Apple Safari v 2.0 is fine, now (Apple OS X Tiger).

I fetched the mozilla browser of the interweb because all my old e-mails were from using Netscape/Mozilla/Thunderbird on the old machine, and because my bank site won't let me look at it in safari, but will in mozilla. Haven't bothered with Firefox on the new machine.

Got to agree with IainG, Firefox is the way. I also find that graphics look a lot crisper than on IE, and the tabs are super convenient on sites like this one, where you don't want to have to reload the main page after every article or thread you read.

Other - The one that came on my 'puter - Apple Safari v 2.0 is fine, now (Apple OS X Tiger).

I fetched the mozilla browser of the interweb because all my old e-mails were from using Netscape/Mozilla/Thunderbird on the old machine, and because my bank site won't let me look at it in safari, but will in mozilla. Haven't bothered with Firefox on the new machine.

I didnt think Villa fans were vain enough to own a mac!

s6vhaha.gif

http://www.heliologue.com/site_archive/lavender/movie/mac.wmv

Go to here to see what mac ownership is really like!!meparto.gif

Â