Manager or the Squad

DCJonah

Last midfielder to score a goal for us was Luiz ten games ago against Watford, since that time other than one goal from Samatta all our other goals have come from defenders.

• Like 1

While I want to answer the question posed by this thread by saying ‘it’s a bit of both’, I’ve started to wonder about the way DS, ROK and Terry works.

So, since lockdown, we’ve decided to (try to) shut games down to the detriment of any attacking intent we showed before. Does this show that Terry has more influence that ROK or is it that ROK’s attacking plays are not working?

I remember DS saying that when the players returned for small-group training, ROK was working on their attacking movement on an individual basis. Watching every game since the restart, it seems like any attacking fluidity has gone. We all pointed the finger at Terry for the bad defensive record, but what about ROK’s role in our attacking impotence? I think he comes across as a lovely chap but I’m starting to ask questions. 

If DS gets the ultimate say in decisions, has Terry become the dominant voice over ROK? And does this explain why our tactical changes take so long - because the managerial team needs to unanimously agree to them rather than being the whim of the Head Coach?

7 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

While I want to answer the question posed by this thread by saying ‘it’s a bit of both’, I’ve started to wonder about the way DS, ROK and Terry works.

So, since lockdown, we’ve decided to (try to) shut games down to the detriment of any attacking intent we showed before. Does this show that Terry has more influence that ROK or is it that ROK’s attacking plays are not working?

I remember DS saying that when the players returned for small-group training, ROK was working on their attacking movement on an individual basis. Watching every game since the restart, it seems like any attacking fluidity has gone. We all pointed the finger at Terry for the bad defensive record, but what about ROK’s role in our attacking impotence? I think he comes across as a lovely chap but I’m starting to ask questions. 

If DS gets the ultimate say in decisions, has Terry become the dominant voice over ROK? And does this explain why our tactical changes take so long - because the managerial team needs to unanimously agree to them rather than being the whim of the Head Coach?

It has looked like damage limitation tactics since after the break.

• Like 1

Â