Manager or the Squad

DCJonah

14 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

Has it? They beat the spurs 3-1 and with another year in the prem I expect a huge amount of investment next summer at the very least in a striker. They also have made astute signings like sander berge who is going to be class. They probably won't finish in Europe again at least for a while but they are too well coached to be relegated. 

Are they much better than Steve Coppell Reading or Paul Jewell Wigan. I think they have done well as expected but good managers will find them out next season 

Sheffield United fans are very critical of Wilder transfers this season 

Edited by Zatman

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Sheffield United are getting relegated next season though. They have done a great job but have reached the peak. They have a unique style but after year of studying it then its found out

I disagree. Wilder is a smart man who knows how to play a system. They not be top six but as long as his board support him they will not be relegated.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Sheffield United are getting relegated next season though. They have done a great job but have reached the peak. They have a unique style but after year of studying it then its found out

Yeh, Spurs really found them out on Thursday night. 

• Like 1

if we go back down, i wouldnt mind if smith stayed. its if we stay up that would have me concerned. i dont think hes cut his teeth enough for the prem

Edited by maqroll

It isn’t as simple as blaming the manager or the players. The club just wasn’t ready to be promoted, we had too many players with zero experience in the PL and a manager who had zero experience in the PL. Any leadership we had in the club was allowed to leave prior to the start of the season, we brought in Heaton, but he was ruled out for the second part of the season with injury.

And with all that, we are still in a 50/50 situation whether we will stay up. We need something special, but the reasons the club is in this situation are quite transparent.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Then what's the point keeping him around?

Well, a few reasons. He's proven to be a good manager in the C'ship. He's a Villan. He's likeable. He seems to have the respect of players. It would represent continuity in the managerial position, something we've lacked recently. I'd be content with letting him give it another shot in that division.

Edited by maqroll

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

Well, a few reasons. He's proven to be a good manager in the C'ship. He's a Villan. He's likeable. He seems to have the respect of players. It would represent continuity in the managerial position, something we've lacked recently. I'd be content with letting him give it another shot in that division.

Think he will struggle without Jack personally.

Only won 2/12 games without him last season and all our attacks goes through him.

And wait. He is a good manager in the championship? He's best ever finish is 5th.

Relegation is failure. We as a club should never accept failure. If we are relegated he has to go.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

If we are relegated he has to go.

i think the owners said he will keep the job if relegated. but that was last summer.

If the owners really want us to be a top team then we need a better manager than DS.Irrespective of what people think of DS,he is not going to get us to top half.We need an A-List manager for that.

I think today is a good example of exactly where the problem lies (the squad). We played perfectly well for period but we simply can’t score as we haven’t signed a single effective striker. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I think today is a good example of exactly where the problem lies (the squad). We played perfectly well for period but we simply can’t score as we haven’t signed a single effective striker. 

I think today is the perfect example of the opposite. When we are well drilled and motivated we can play anyone. Yet we almost never are.

Yes we  lack a striker who can hold the ball up and score. But we did have one who could do both those things and everyone slated him every single game. Yet with him we have won 6, without him only 1.

• Like 3

Our strikers must be the worse lot in the league, we never look like scoring with this lot, Recruitment in the summer has been a major reason why we are in the bottom 3 

5 hours ago, rbcuk said:

Our strikers must be the worse lot in the league, we never look like scoring with this lot, Recruitment in the summer has been a major reason why we are in the bottom 3 

If we had wesley we would be fine but since he was **** assaulted by that word removed Ben Mee we have struggled mightily. 6 wins with wesley, 1 without. 7th in the league in goals down to 12th (which probably means like 16th or 17th without). He was so important to our play but was undervalued by our fans.

Almost all our good bits of play early in the season involved him playing an astute pass or dragging a defender away with a run. Even though he was directly responsible for only 6 goals, he was a key contributer in about another 7 goals as well.

• Like 1

Jesus wept!

So, suddenly, a striker who looked like he couldn't score in the Playboy mansion before getting injured, is the sudden reason we have been so shite!?

If we were talking about Aguero then I would agree 100%

If Wesley had played all season I don't it would have made one iota of a difference to where we are now and how shit we have been.

13 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Jesus wept!

So, suddenly, a striker who looked like he couldn't score in the Playboy mansion before getting injured, is the sudden reason we have been so shite!?

He literally scored 20 minutes before he got injured 😂

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He literally scored 20 minutes before he got injured 😂

Very good...  yet he literally took nearly 3 months to score that league goal - his last one before this was October!

5 goals from 20 odd appearances! Hilarious!

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

Bit of both but a better manager would have a few more points on the board.

Recruitment was terrible last summer just dire! we needed one or two more with PL experience. Wesley was a disaster!

Smith as nice a guy as he is isn't the right choice.

• Like 1

Â