Pubs

sidcow

2 hours ago, wedge said:

Yeah it went a bit mental, the highlight for me was 'Arry Redknapp driving past in his Range Rover and Villa fans chasing him down the road with bank notes.  😆

A Derby fans coach got attacked as well with bottles, cans and anything else that wasn't nailed down. 

That's when we were assaulted, as 90% of the cans sailed over the bus and into the crowd the other side of the road. Really put a downer on the day, not that I preferred the bus to get hit. Just awful.

I was on the green last year and saw the attack on the Derby fans coach. It was proper disgusting behaviour by a minority of idiots. But that tarnishes our reputation as a fan base. I have to say that I loved the atmosphere leading up to that match, the singing, the sunshine, the collective spirit. But that incident did overshadow it. 

I traveled down with the chap that started the crowdfunding for the Derby fans, he raised a fairly decent amount for them too. I know that the fans appreciated the gesture and it went some way to improving our reputation as a fan base. Unfortunately, he was also threatened by some Villa fans for doing this good deed. He received a threat over the phone that told him to watch his back at Villa Park. Outrageous that people behave in this way, I don’t know what goes through people’s minds sometimes. Some of our ‘fans’ are absolute bellends of the highest order. 

There was also the incident where a Villa fan (Billy) was slashed across the face as he got off the Villa coach following an away day last year. A massive gash across his face, all because he dared to speak up when some idiots were abusing the coach driver. 

It really beggars belief 😞

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Like 1

Agreed, the minority have spoilt it for the rest of us. I was there for both incidents, disgusting and just gives us all a bad name. I have been on the green last 2 seasons and had a right laugh with friends and also complete strangers both times was the best place to be when the sun is out! 

Il be interested to see if it's open and if not if people head up to King Edward park...

• Like 2

Going down tomorrow despite not yet having a ticket. If I don't get one in the meantime is anyone else doing the same and just wondering which pub would be best to watch the game? (Real ale would be a massive bonus).

Why does anyone feel the need to throw beer (that they have paid for but not drunk) at opposition fans who are inside a coach. What do they hope to achieve/prove,  let’s face it they are not Villa supporters just hangers on damaging the club. Do we really need them ? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sidmon said:

Going down tomorrow despite not yet having a ticket. If I don't get one in the meantime is anyone else doing the same and just wondering which pub would be best to watch the game? (Real ale would be a massive bonus).

A few lads on our minibus are staying in the green man to watch it I think. Would imagine a lot in same position will do the same. 

• Like 1

On 29/02/2020 at 21:04, leighavfc said:

A few lads on our minibus are staying in the green man to watch it I think. Would imagine a lot in same position will do the same. 

Sadly Green Man was closed just prior to kick off so they could clean up. Ended up in Flannery's on the High Street (well they call it High Road).

Â