Pubs

sidcow

Fingers crossed we get The Green Man side. 

Citeh (who at this time I assume we will play) had that side on their last visit at the start of this season in the community shield, but have had the other side mostly. 

I hope the police generally choose the sides based on previous allocations to ensure fans familiarity with the environment. If so we have pretty much always had that side. 

Green Man and Box Park trump all pubs than other side I think. 

Edited by sidcow

http://www.wembleystadium.com/events/2020/carabao-cup-final

CARABAO CUP FINAL

0 Shares
Last season, Manchester City went on to retain the Carabao Cup after defeating Chelsea in a cagey affair that went to a penalty shootout. 

Will they win a third in a row against Aston Villa? 

Ticketing

Please note that tickets for this years final fixture will be sold via the relevant competing clubs, once they are decided. 

Please note that under 2's are not permitted in to the stadium with the exception of the hospitality areas & boxes.

Hospitality

Guarantee one of the best seats in the house for the Carabao Cup Final with Club Wembley membership. Click here for more information. 

Team Ends

Aston Villa - West

Man City - East

Travel

Wembley Express services drop you direct to the Stadium from over 50 locations across the UK. Brought to you by National Express, the Official Coach Supplier to Wembley Stadium connected by EE, it’s the easiest and most convenient way to travel to the best sporting and music events.

To book a Wembley Express for this show, visit the National Express website.

Because we have the West End of the stadium again then the usual Policing process is to allocate pubs in said location so the following should be Villa...

The Green Man, Dagmar Avenue, Wembley, HA9 8DF
Blue Room, 53 Wembley Hill Road, Wembley, HA9 8BE
Liquor Station, 379 High Road, Wembley, HA9 6AA
JJ Moons, 397 High Road, Wembley, HA9 7DT
Thirsty Eddie’s, 412 High Road, Wembley, HA9 6AH
Masti, 576 - 582 High Road, Wembley, HA0 2AA
Flannery’s Bar, 610 High Road, Wembley, HA0 2AF
Station 31 (Speakeasy), 299 -303 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA9 6BD

Box Park, Wembley Way 
The Corner House (Mannions), 313 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA9 6BA
The Arch, 324 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA9 8LL
Fusilier, 652 Harrow Road, Wembley, HA0 2HA
The Copper Jug, 10 The Broadway, Wembley, HA9 8JU
Holiday Inn, Empire Way, HA9 8DS
St George Hotel , 43 -51 Wembley Hill Road, HA9 8AU
Ibis Hotel, South Way, Wembley, HA9 8AD
Best Western Hotel, 365 Wembley High Road, HA9 6AY
Events Pad – Fan Zone, Wembley Park Boulevard

• Thanks 1

For last seasons play off final I went to The Windermere on the outskirts of Wembley.

It was full of Villa supporters. There were two coaches parked up there. Great atmosphere with out it being ten deep at the bar.

It's a big pub with plenty of room and it's right next door to South Kenton overground station, less than 10 mins and two stops to Wembley Central.  

Edited by imavillan
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, Didiersix said:

So is there pubs that people are going to near Wembley Stadium who haven't got a ticket? Will people be watching it on big screens in the Boxpark?

Not sure box park will be allowed to show it, 

IIRC there is approx 1km radius on pub/clubs showing the game live on Police advice. 

Have a look at last seasons POF thread against Derby, Think The Arch was one of the closest ones showing it mate. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kingman said:

Not sure box park will be allowed to show it, 

IIRC there is approx 1km radius on pub/clubs showing the game live on Police advice. 

Have a look at last seasons POF thread against Derby, Think The Arch was one of the closest ones showing it mate. 

Thanks Kingman. I had a ticket for Derby... not sure I'll be as lucky this time! 

On 02/02/2020 at 17:14, imavillan said:

For last seasons play off final I went to The Windermere on the outskirts of Wembley.

It was full of Villa supporters. There were two coaches parked up there. Great atmosphere with out it being ten deep at the bar.

It's a big pub with plenty of room and it's right next door to South Kenton overground station, less than 10 mins and two stops to Wembley Central.  

I went there before the Fulham Final.  Was great, lovely beer garden (was hot then though,  not early March) with free BBQ and real ale choices. 

Thanks for all the above posts. Some of my little group will be looking for somewhere to watch the game within walking distance of the Green Man once us lucky ones with tickets start making our way to the stadium. Flannery's Bar – on the list of Villa pubs – looks like a proper Irish sports bar with good online reviews (about a 12-minute walk away). Previous Q&A's from other finals suggest it is not effected by this "no showing the game within 1km" business that a lot of venues like to quote – including the Green Man. Anyone ever watched a Villa final / semi-final there? Or planning to?

On 14/02/2020 at 11:31, Pete3206 said:

Anyone know any good pubs for live music on the Sunday night? We're staying in Covent Garden.

O’Neils in Wardour Street is 5 -10 min walk from Covent Harden and they have live bands on 7 days a week 

not been on a Sunday night before but It’s always been busy when I’ve gone on a Friday or Sat and tended to be rock cover bands , so you might get lucky there 

Be at one in Wellington Street is usually good on a Sunday night , won’t have live music but the 2 for 1 cocktails and a decent CD player with bar staff that often get up on the bar to dance always gives it a nice atmosphere.. there is a bigger one in Russell Street but it’s never as good ( younger crowd and shit dance music )

• Like 1

Thinking of heading for JJ Moons the big Wetherspoons by Wembley Central station this time around as the weather might not be suitable for the green or outside the Green Man. I've been in it for England games before but wondered if any fellow VT'ers had been in there for a Villa Wembley trip before and what the atmosphere was like?

Â