Pubs

sidcow

1 hour ago, wedge said:

Thinking of heading for JJ Moons the big Wetherspoons by Wembley Central station this time around as the weather might not be suitable for the green or outside the Green Man. I've been in it for England games before but wondered if any fellow VT'ers had been in there for a Villa Wembley trip before and what the atmosphere was like?

rammed beyond rammed, even a sardine in a can had more room !!!!!

i went in there at 11am before last seasons playoff final. 10 deep at the bar and a nightmare to get served

i ended up getting the underground, a few yards up the road, to The Windermere at South Kenton. (see my previous post further up)

4 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

So the green is out of bounds according to the police fan consultation thing they do. Brent council are putting up fencing around it for finals from now on! 

Mate just text this, seems a very odd decision. Last couple of years been there, where are 2k fans going to go? Especially as box park has sold out

8 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Mate just text this, seems a very odd decision. Last couple of years been there, where are 2k fans going to go? Especially as box park has sold out

I would hope they have plans..but we are talking about a council making a decision here.

Had just stocked up as well. 10 man deep queues in a boozer it is!!

Edited by leighavfc
  • Like 1

This could be a very awkward thing - as you say, you're looking at 2,000+ displaced people - the pubs are full by one or two o'clock, boxpark is already sold out and the fan park will fill up very quickly - if you end up with a couple of thousand fans wandering around looking for somewhere to be, you're going to get unexpected results. I'm not sure how this'll work.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, leighavfc said:

So the green is out of bounds according to the police fan consultation thing they do. Brent council are putting up fencing around it for finals from now on! 

Is there a link confirming this?

I've done a search and can't find anything on the Brent Council website or Twitter account.

Nothing on the Brent Metropolitan Police Twitter feed.

I've googled 'The Green Wembley fenced off' and the only thing i can see on this is an article in the Birmingham Mail which has no quotes or links to the direct information (typical from this rag). 

I would have thought there would have been some information widely available on this when searching.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, imavillan said:

I've done a search and can't find anything on the Brent Council website or Twitter account.

I've googled 'The Green Wembley fenced off' and the only thing i can see on this is an article in the Birmingham Mail which has no quotes or links to the direct information (typical from this rag). 

I would have thought there would have been some information widely available on this when searching.

I’m not in twitter so can’t do it myself, maybe you could pose the question to them? 

3 hours ago, imavillan said:

Sorry mate i wasnt clear, I did the same. Basically a couple of Villa fans meet with police to discuss things about policing matches every so often. Its during this meeting that wmp said it. If you look at the AVFC_WMP twitter account, they confirmed it I believe.

Update: There doesn't seem to be any more areas around to go to other than the official places and pubs. Avfc_WMP says its fan zone in front of wembley arena, but cant take your own beer. Annoyed now as got all the beer in ready for it, going to be mayhem in the pubs now.

Edited by leighavfc

6 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’m not in twitter so can’t do it myself, maybe you could pose the question to them? 

very rarely if ever tweet, use it for being nosey :ph34r:

2 hours ago, leighavfc said:

Sorry mate i wasnt clear, I did the same. Basically a couple of Villa fans meet with police to discuss things about policing matches every so often. Its during this meeting that wmp said it. If you look at the AVFC_WMP twitter account, they confirmed it I believe.

Update: There doesn't seem to be any more areas around to go to other than the official places and pubs. Avfc_WMP says its fan zone in front of wembley arena, but cant take your own beer. Annoyed now as got all the beer in ready for it, going to be mayhem in the pubs now.

i've looked at @AVFC_WMP and theres nothing there either.

It would not surprise me if it were to be 'fake news' and come the day it's full of Villa fans

for this match i'll be having a civilised drink in central London in one of the many quality establishments in Marylebone then getting the tube into Wembley.

Edited by imavillan
  • Like 1

There definitely is on wmp it's in their replies..

its on various Villa related twitter pages too like MOMs and Bromsgrove Villa etc. I'm hoping it isn't true but looks like it is! I think we will change plan to do something similar and then see if the green really is a no go and go from there!

Edited by leighavfc
  • Thanks 1

At the green the last 2 years, last year it was utterly ridiculous and very moody vibe after a few hours.

Loads of pissed up Villa fans, smallish area, huge mass of people. Cans chucked. Mate got one off the head from a fellow supporter.
Not the worst decision in the world.

59 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

At the green the last 2 years, last year it was utterly ridiculous and very moody vibe after a few hours.

Loads of pissed up Villa fans, smallish area, huge mass of people. Cans chucked. Mate got one off the head from a fellow supporter.
Not the worst decision in the world.

Yeah it went a bit mental, the highlight for me was 'Arry Redknapp driving past in his Range Rover and Villa fans chasing him down the road with bank notes.  😆

A Derby fans coach got attacked as well with bottles, cans and anything else that wasn't nailed down. 

Â