UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

I love the lower weights, the pace they fight at is amazing. Torres hasn't done his pound for pound king challenge any favours but that's how he fights which makes his previous run all the more impressive. I hope Ben Henderson gets a shot soon, before or after the rematch.

I love the lower weights, the pace they fight at is amazing. Torres hasn't done his pound for pound king challenge any favours but that's how he fights which makes his previous run all the more impressive. I hope Ben Henderson gets a shot soon, before or after the rematch.

Henderson is a 155er though isn't he?

Henderson is a 155er though isn't he?

Sorry, that post was almost impossible to understand. I should have put that bit in a different paragraph and even then it wouldn't make sense. I thought Varner and Cerrone would have to have a rematch (for the 155 title) because of how the last one finished.

I've had a look and they aren't for some reason, Henderson is fighting Cerrone for the interim title (which I suppose is good). In my defence it was 1am. :lol:OK, OK, I'm just illiterate.

Strikeforce has a show tonight, the card has been crippled with injuries and a Nick Diaz (tool) marijuana suspension. But the Babalu vs Mousasi is a good one. Also Jesse Taylor from TUF is on, hes been on a tear in the smaller orgs after been released by the UFC.

Main event is the first womens title fight between Carano and Santos. Not really my thing but hey ho, Gina is hot! ;-)

carano_cyborg_weigh_in.jpg

gina.jpg

I think Babalu might have been out 8) My oh my, Mousasi really put on a display. A new favorite of mine after watching his last three fights.

eadecaace.jpg

Carano got pounded to pieces by the much much stronger Santos. A big blow the the Strikeforce/Showtime hype machine. Marketing Santos is impossible and especially comparing her to Carano. Do I care, well no.

Melendez also looking good at lightweight and it was nice to see the previously out of shape Werdum back on track. His belly in his last UFC fight was embarrassing. Nice submission from him.

• 2 weeks later...

UFC 102 tomorrow night. Old school time with Couture taking on Big Nog. Tough to call but I'm putting my money on Randy. He looked good until Lesnar caught him and Nog looked well below par against Mir.

The other must see is Maia vs Marquardt with the winner probably gets the honor of getting hammered by Anderson. Maia is a favorite of mine. Ace ground game.

Vera and Soszynski will probably be exciting if nothing else and Silva will ko Jardine

Main card

* Heavyweight bout: Randy Couture vs. Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira

* Light Heavyweight bout: Keith Jardine vs. Thiago Silva

* Middleweight bout: Chris Leben vs. Jake Rosholt

* Middleweight bout: Nate Marquardt vs. Demian Maia

* Light Heavyweight bout: Brandon Vera vs. Krzysztof Soszynski

Preliminary card

* Middleweight bout: Ed Herman vs. Aaron Simpson

* Heavyweight bout: Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Chris Tuchscherer

* Heavyweight bout: Justin McCully vs. Mike Russow

* Heavyweight bout: Tim Hague vs. Todd Duffee

* Middleweight bout: Nick Catone vs. Mark Muñoz

* Lightweight bout: Marcus Aurelio vs. Evan Dunham

Couldn't find a pic but Vera looked in the best shape of his career. 205 is the weight for him. Soszynskis legs are going to be sore tomorrow.

Big Nog much less chubby than in the Mir fight. Nice!

couture_nogueira.jpg

marquardt_maia.jpg

Awesome evening. Great fights and brutal ko's.

Marquart really sent Maia flying. As did newcomer Todd Duffee. 7 seconds and Hauge was out. That kid looks the part.

Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Chris Tuchscherer included the "kick in the nuts" for the ages. My god that looked painful. Amazingly Tuchscherer came out again after throwing up in a bucket, only to be ko'd a minute later.

And Big Nog back to his best. It really wasn't him against Mir.

Nice to see Thiago Silva back. Much potential there. Jardine continues to be a gatekeeper getting knocked out again.

And Leben out cold, bwahahahah! Steroid tool!

• 2 weeks later...
Â