Printer... good value?

Dodgyknees

I need to buy a printer, and want to use it for:

Printing and sending letters on headed paper

Scanning information in to store in folders online

Printing out posters to be used for marketing

General printing

Would be handy if I can print when out of the office and for it to be there when I get back. Some kind of wireless function would be handy.

I'd like it to be pretty cheap when it comes to ink, but want to be able to print in high quality too - so would pay more if it meant I could do this.

Budget is up to £75 but would rather spend much less.

Any suggestions?

Most printers do an online/ app type printing thing these days and probably well within budget. Not sure how many other versions there are of it but for pure ease I'd recommend HP instant ink as it's hassle free - bit like a mobile contract but with ink (pages) instead of minutes. Would probably have to be inkjet within your budget. Depends whether you're a business or need high amounts of printing as to what'd be your best bet.

I bought one for my son recently, main thing for me was cheap ink availability. Epson have lots of cheap “compatible” inks on eBay so it was ideal.

Its WiFi and they have an app so he can print from laptop or tablet, and I can easily print stuff I need too from my phone.

Only thing is you mentioned poster printing, you might want to go a bit more up market from epson but certainly check how much replacement inks are before you buy.

How much are you going print? Do you need colour? Inks are horrible as high volume office-printers.

In case of the above you are not in a realistic budget range unless you go second hand

I'll be printing:

Invoices

Documents to keep

Documents and proposals

Posters and flyers - but the quality doesn't have to be super

General printing

Scanning items in if possible

--- I have heard about this HP subscription service for ink, is it good?

Anybody got a good printer at home? What do you use?

14 minutes ago, Dick said:

I'll be printing:

Invoices

Documents to keep

Documents and proposals

Posters and flyers - but the quality doesn't have to be super

General printing

Scanning items in if possible

--- I have heard about this HP subscription service for ink, is it good?

Anybody got a good printer at home? What do you use?

We’ve got an Epson WF-2510, cheap and cheerful but has never let us down. You can buy 30x replacement ink cartridges for less than £10 from eBay or Amazon. WiFi enabled so you can print from anything.

Also has scan/copy function to either colour or b&w.

About £50 for the printer.

Edited by Genie

• 1 month later...
On 14/01/2018 at 00:43, Dick said:

I need to buy a printer, and want to use it for:

Printing and sending letters on headed paper

Scanning information in to store in folders online

Printing out posters to be used for marketing

General printing

Would be handy if I can print when out of the office and for it to be there when I get back. Some kind of wireless function would be handy.

I'd like it to be pretty cheap when it comes to ink, but want to be able to print in high quality too - so would pay more if it meant I could do this.

Budget is up to £75 but would rather spend much less.

Any suggestions?

I presume you've bought one by now, but I bought an Epson WF-7610 when I started my business.  It's served me well.

It's normally a couple of hundred quid, but you can find them cheaper if you shop around.  I know it's over your budget, but it might be worth the spend.

Â