NFL 2017 Draft Topic

1 hour ago, rjenkins said:

Time will tell if Trubisky was worth what the Bears gave up to get him. Even if they didn't need the trade up they won't care if he starts for them for the next 10 years I suppose. 49ers had an incredible draft really.

you wont need time

the player himself might work out ok, probably never live up to being no 2 though and he'll also never live up to everything else you throw in the move up which didnt make sense, its almost got ryan leaf mkII written all over it but then at least with leaf the chargers didnt sign another QB on $45m for 3 years a month before the draft

I'm a little disappointed with the Browns draft.

Myles Garrett was a no-brainer at #1. But to trade out of 12 when you still need a QB and DeShaun Watson is still there, is mind boggling to me. I really wanted Watson and thought they were going to pick him. Instead, the team they traded with gets Watson (Texans). This Front Office is enamored with Draft picks.

Jabril Peppers, by most counts, is too small to play Linebacker and doesnt have the speed for Corner or Safety. But he returns kicks and has played some offense at Wide Receiver/RB. Sounds like a project.

Njoku is a big, athletic guy but still considered a raw talent because he started playing football later in high school. Another project.

Deshon Kizer played well in 2015 and not so well in 2016. There could be a multitude of reasons for this. One, he started to butt heads with his coach who said he was immature, so thats no good, and two, reports are that he needs to work on his mechanics and footwork. That can be fixable. Maybe. Another project.

So this is what "analytics" is like when you use it to work the Draft, I guess?

1NASA scientists with their board of calculations, 1961.2.jpg

1 hour ago, abdomlahor said:

You hear that every year, but it does look more promising with Rosen, Allen, Darnold and Jackson all eligible to declare.

Mayfield , Falk and Rudolph too. 

Â