NFL 2017 Draft Topic

Nearly time guys! Always love draft week. I've done quite a few mocks already to build up the excitement :)

Let's get some discussion going.

1. Who do you realistically want to take?

2. Who do you think you will ACTUALLY take?

3. Who do you think might fall to your spot who you would take instead?

4. Who do you want to completely avoid?

1. Who do you realistically want to take? - Haason Reddick, although with Fosters off-field antics lately I think he might shoot up as peoples #1 LB on the board.

2. Who do you think you will ACTUALLY take? - Forest Lamp or Cam Robinson. We said we want to build the O-Line, so I expect another O-Line pick for the 2nd year in a row.

3. Who do you think might fall to your spot who you would take instead? - Derek Barnett, who I'd love us to take. Chance he falls if QBs go off the board.

4. Who do you want to completely avoid? - John Ross. He's quick, but we don't need speed. Plus we always whiff on 1st round receivers. Would much rather JuJu or Kupp in later rounds.

11 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Nearly time guys! Always love draft week. I've done quite a few mocks already to build up the excitement :)

Let's get some discussion going.

Thomas or Allen (I'd prefer to spend a top 5 pick on making a good D-Line great)

Fournette (Cause Bortles)

Garrett would be nice. 

Mixon and Brantley.

We never pick at an exciting time OR we trade our 1st round pick OR trade down OR maybe it's different this year.

I'd like a corner, edge rusher or O line in the first.

Avoid: RB, WR, S

Forrest Lamp, he has experience in LT which we need a lot, or he'll be a long time Pro bowl guard.

Ramzyck is a probability, or McCaffrey if he falls.

Foster would be niiice, excellent partner for Marshall

Mixon for being a muppet. And Bolles because it looks like we are heading for a more powerbased scheme.

Giants

David Njoku or Pat Mahomes

Ryan Ramczyk, Garrett Bolles, Jarrad Davis or Zach Cunningham

Dalvin Cook

No-one really

I'll do a Bills one as well coz why not

Malik Hooker, Jamal Adams, Corey Davis, Mike Williams or OJ Howard

DeShaun Watson

Jonathan Allen

Again, no-one really springs to mind. I wouldn't pick a corner just because of the depth at the position, I've heard you can grab a solid starter in the third round this year so I'd hold out there.

Edited by abdomlahor

I'm a Browns fan, so I'll be answering this based on the silly amounts of picks we have in the first two rounds this year.

There are a few guys at the top of this draft who would all be solid selections at No. 1 and 12 if it weren't for Myles Garratt's athleticism. However, I don't like hearing that he's maybe not as motivated or nasty as some scouts would ideally like so with that in mind I would love it if the Browns went:

1. Jamal Adams

12. Derek Barnett

33. DeShone Kizer

52. Chidobe Awuzie

1. Myles Garratt

12. Mitch Trubisky

33. Sidney Jones

52. Adam Sheehan

With Isaiah Crowell's contract situation, I can see an interesting conversation being had about running backs if either Fournette or Cook are still on the board at 12, or even if McCaffrey is still there at 33. 

Reuben Foster or Joe Mixon - Ultimately NFL teams will draft on talent, but there seems to be a good buzz around Hue Jackson and the team spirit in the Browns camp right now and I'm worried about that being disturbed.

• Like 1

chargers

1. Who do you realistically want to take? malik hooker

2. Who do you think you will ACTUALLY take? rumours they could do some sort of deal to get some more picks, cardinals and bengals the latest, wouldnt be that much of a slip down the pack, jonathan allen at 9th or maybe even 13th, the safety depth in this draft seems good so we could pick up a decent one in round 2

3. Who do you think might fall to your spot who you would take instead? jamal adams

4. Who do you want to completely avoid? any QB in round 1, none are good enough to go that early 

I have told myself I'm only watching the first 4 picks but I will probably get reeled in until the end . 

Coughlin always liked to load the Defensive line so I think Thomas or Allen could be the pick .  I hope we trade down to be honest because this draft is pretty stacked . 

I love Lamp.

34 minutes ago, Tegis said:

Warner has Jags picking Watson. Yeah right

It wouldn't be a total shock . There are a lot of Jags fans who would like to see Bortles replaced (I'm not one ). We haven't picked up his option and we don't know how much Coughlin rates him . I'd be fuming if we took a QB at 4. 

Mahomes could go in the top ten apparently. The Bills are taking calls to move down as well, think that would be a smart move.

Seems like there might be a few more trades than the last few years tonight, which is interesting

Gotta hope and pray some weird shit happens but would LOVE Solomon Thomas to fall to 8. Don't really want a RB, a pass rusher or safety will do me fine. Potential to trade back up into the first round considering we've got four top 100 picks to play around with. Annoying I can't watch this years draft though, it's certainly more interesting than the last couple!

46 minutes ago, abdomlahor said:

Mahomes could go in the top ten apparently. The Bills are taking calls to move down as well, think that would be a smart move.

Seems like there might be a few more trades than the last few years tonight, which is interesting

IF we did take a QB at 4 , Mahomes is the only one I'd want . He's wreckless as hell but then again so is Bortles and Mahomes probably has more natural ability .

I don't know how he makes those throws with such ridiculous stances and jerky mechanics.

45 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

IF we did take a QB at 4 , Mahomes is the only one I'd want . He's wreckless as hell but then again so is Bortles and Mahomes probably has more natural ability .

I don't know how he makes those throws with such ridiculous stances and jerky mechanics.

I bet Coughlin sees a lot of Eli in Watson though. Just got that magic in the "clutch" that you can't measure. 

I think Mahomes has the most potential though.

1 minute ago, abdomlahor said:

I bet Coughlin sees a lot of Eli in Watson though. Just got that magic in the "clutch" that you can't measure. 

I think Mahomes has the most potential though.

You think the Giants might take him ?  I've just put some money on him going in the top 15.

Â