Zelda - Breath of the Wild

Chindie

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I know I'm still miles behind on this... couple of questions though for those of you who have finished this.

I assume if I beat the game I can carry on and complete everything else after? 
I only have one more divine beast to do and one more sector to unlock (the Goron bit) so I'm tempted to go and try and finish it. But I'd also quite like to go round completing any shrines I've missed (although I'd have to look up where they are) and completing any quests that are still open.

I also feel like I don't have much in the way of armour. Are there any big "sets" that people had that I've missed out on. I've got stuff like a set that helps you climb quicker, the gerudo sets, the set that is rubber so protects you from lightning, the glow in the dark set.

But the strongest bit of armour I had is rated 13 (it's like a knight's armour thing). Is that high? I know I can upgrade stuff using the fairies which I've done a fair bit and will go back and do again before I tackle the castle, but I'm just wondering if there's anything obvious that i've missed?

(Oh and I assume there's some sort of armour or clothing I need for the volcano as I can't go up there yet, so I'll find that soon enough)

Yes, there's a fire resistance set that you need for Goron.  I upgraded most of the sets 4 times, which is the max.  Some of the ingredients needed for the fairies start to get a bit hard, needing quite a few lionel parts for example, but they're worth it.  I think I used the fully upgraded soldier armour for most general combat situations, and the fully upgraded ancient armour for fighting the guardians.  Otherwise it was just sector specific stuff like the fire or heat resistance gear when in the appropriate areas.  There other sets like a glow in the dark skeleton outfit that stops the skellies attacking you at night.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Risso said:

Yes, there's a fire resistance set that you need for Goron.  I upgraded most of the sets 4 times, which is the max.  Some of the ingredients needed for the fairies start to get a bit hard, needing quite a few lionel parts for example, but they're worth it.  I think I used the fully upgraded soldier armour for most general combat situations, and the fully upgraded ancient armour for fighting the guardians.  Otherwise it was just sector specific stuff like the fire or heat resistance gear when in the appropriate areas.  There other sets like a glow in the dark skeleton outfit that stops the skellies attacking you at night.

Thanks!

I didn't know that's what that skeleton armour did! I have that :D 

I'm not sure I have any ancient armour either...

I also still haven't killed a Lionel. They scare me. I always just run off :D 

They're pretty solid at first, but once you gear up a bit they're fairly easy.  Especially if a fight has a pillar nearby, you just hide behind it to avoid the flames, then keep running round and twatting them.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Risso said:

They're pretty solid at first, but once you gear up a bit they're fairly easy.  Especially if a fight has a pillar nearby, you just hide behind it to avoid the flames, then keep running round and twatting them.

To be fair I don't think I've even tried to fight one since the first one I encountered, which was at the Zora place, before I'd done a single Divine beast. So I was suitably unprepared. I'm much more suited for it now.

I think I'll find the fire proof armour and open up my final sector and do the Divine Beast. Then I'll visit a fairy and upgrade my gear as much as I can. Then I'll tackle some Lionels :D 

I finally killed a Lyonel. 

Turns out it’s much much easier when you’ve got that thing from one of the divine beasts where you hold down Y and it electrocutes everyone around you. 

Couple of uses of that and he was pretty much dead

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Completely hooked again. Creeping up on 100 hours and still plenty to go.

Just arrived at the final Divine Beast. Some of the views from the top of Death Mountain are amazing.

I don't know how you can put a game like this down and be able to pick it up again months later, I'd be completely lost with what I was doing.

17 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I don't know how you can put a game like this down and be able to pick it up again months later, I'd be completely lost with what I was doing.

Yeah it's an issue. Always takes me a while to get back into the flow. I've probably forgotten stuff that I was meant to be doing. 

I know I have various stamps on the map that I've totally forgotten why I put them there.

I'd love to be able to make little notes on the map to be honest. 

• Like 1

On 07/11/2018 at 19:13, Risso said:

There other sets like a glow in the dark skeleton outfit that stops the skellies attacking you at night.

I'm pretty sure this doesn't work by the way.

I've been wearing it at night and those big **** skeletons are still appearing all the time.

Probably the most annoying enemies on the game

I've really only just started paying attention to food. I didn't realise how much you can recover and boost your health by cooking certain things.

Plus increase your stamina and attacks etc. But mainly it's the health.

I cooked a dish that gave me full recovery and 20 extra temporary hearts!

I realise I'm mainly the only person posting in here :D

Here's something that annoys me.

Horses are **** deaf. I was less than an inch on the map from my horse yesterday and he still couldn't hear me whistle.

I know it's not realistic for the horse to be able to hear you from anywhere on the map. But give us a chance.
I barely ever use my horse these days. As soon as you wander even a small distance away from them they can't hear you. And I can never be arsed to walk back to them.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Another question...

What is the DLC? Is it like an expansion? Something I should be adding while I'm still going or something I can look at after?

It's effectively 2 expansions. The first one adds in a challenge trial area, some extra shrines, a bunch of extra armour and weapons, a feature that tracks your path on the map for ages (even before you purchase the DLC) and a hard mode. The second adds in more shrines, more armour and items, and an end game quest.

The first one can kinda be done whenever I understand, the second is end game.

• Like 1

On 13/11/2018 at 09:25, Stevo985 said:

I'm pretty sure this doesn't work by the way.

I've been wearing it at night and those big **** skeletons are still appearing all the time.

Probably the most annoying enemies on the game

Thinking about it, I may have sold you a pup there.  One of the sets does it, if not that one then the all black one you get from the travelling salesman.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Risso said:

Thinking about it, I may have sold you a pup there.  One of the sets does it, if not that one then the all black one you get from the travelling salesman.

That must be it. I'm sure I wasn't told about any anti skeleton stuff when I got that radiant armour.

And I haven't encountered the black armour yet. That's something else to look for. Is it the travelling salesman that is always knocking about at the stables?

I've got the ancient armour and the fireproof armour now.
Just need to get back to a fairy to upgrade everything.

Got to the boss of the last divine beast last night (the lizard in death mountain). By far the easiest divine beast. Did it in about 20 minutes. Will beat the boss tonight, then it's just gear up and I can finish the game :D 

The glowing skeleton armour set causes skeletons to spawn more often near you but also makes them slightly less aggressive to you.

Theres a 'secret' traveling merchant called Kilton who sells special 'monster' items that include stuff like masks that let you move around enemies stealthily. Can't remember if one of those was a skeleton one though. You need to first meet him at a specific place to get his shop active (a skull lake in the North of the map I think). He then appears in places near towns at night. He also doesn't accept rupees - you have to sell him monster parts in return for his own currency. IIRC I found most of the stuff he sells useless, but he does sell a cool armour set which lets you move quickly at night.

46 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Theres a 'secret' traveling merchant called Kilton who sells special 'monster' items that include stuff like masks that let you move around enemies stealthily. Can't remember if one of those was a skeleton one though. You need to first meet him at a specific place to get his shop active (a skull lake in the North of the map I think). He then appears in places near towns at night. He also doesn't accept rupees - you have to sell him monster parts in return for his own currency. IIRC I found most of the stuff he sells useless, but he does sell a cool armour set which lets you move quickly at night.

I've met Kilton, which I'm guessing was to activate his shop.

I've not seen him since though.

I have absolutely shit loads of monster parts so hopefully I should be able to get anything useful from him

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I've met Kilton, which I'm guessing was to activate his shop.

I've not seen him since though.

I have absolutely shit loads of monster parts so hopefully I should be able to get anything useful from him

The places he appears aren't obvious, for instance by Kakariko iirc he appears in the hills above the village in a slightly awkward spot. I literally only spotted him there by accident seeing his stall as I came over the hill.

I can't remember if he rotates around the places he appears or whether he just spawns in near any places you go to a night.

The stuff he sells isn't that great though that I can recall.

Â