Ratings and Reactions: Villa v Ipswich

limpid

Match Polls  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

I didn't see a single second of it, but 18 shots on goal with 9 on target compared to 1 against, suggests we perhaps didn't get what we deserved from the game?  In which case more of the same against t'Barnsley and we should win?

Hi, I was at the Ipswich game ( a 2 hour drive from Newmarket - lots of people near me follow ipswich).

Why is it when we get possession, break away from our own penalty area and then get to the halfway line, we stop and then wait until the opposition hurry back into defence?

Why did the ref get continually conned by the ipswich players by feining injury just to stop some tiny momentum started by Villa

One observation, on the way back I pulled into Chorley services for a bite to eat and the place was full of ipswich fans, listening into the conversation (whilst hiding my scarf and shirt) they were going on about how shite Villa were despite spending all that money.....they were full of themselves it was if they had won the league.

Strangley enough the last time I saw ipswich at Villa Park was when they beat us in the 1980/81 season 1-2, but this time we dont have Sir Ron Saunders.

I bloody hate Ipswich....debating should I drive up tomorrow to the Barnsley game.........???

VTID

22 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

You know when its  a bad defeat when you still fed up 2 days after watching the villa. 

I'm kind of glad that I don't feel well today, so I can convince myself easily that I don't have to go tonight :blink:

--

For the record, I have no problem with 3-5-2, 3-5-1-1 etc. Some of the 'recent' good times were this under Brian Little. The three at the back isn't the problem. It's what happens in the middle - and I guess we have not played the appropriate players that work hard in the wing back role.

And in the middle of the park - we could have played Gardner and Westwood (yeah, I know, he's gone) and the result would be the same. Same crap right now, just different faces. We have no movement to demand the ball on re-starts of play. We can barely string a couple of passes together before conceding the ball back to the opposition. And goal kicks... meh... how many times do we loft it and hand possession straight back to the oppo?

We can't do the basics right... still.

Edited by Raver50032
Because I can...

Â