limpid

Match Polls  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

13 minutes ago, penguin said:

We had 30 shots, 17 on target according to Bet365 :blink: how the **** couldn't we score

If that's the case, how can Bruce be blamed? All he could do is put players where they should be, then its up to the player(s) to deliver. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, trekka said:

As I said in the match thread, this club needs a priest. i_priest.gif

Probably been mentioned before but we haven't p*sse'd off any local gypsies have we ?

16th in the championship with 2/3 of the season gone, its barely believeable.

just for reference Huddersfield have 22 more points than us, no disrespect to them but the day we are aspiring to be like Huddersfield is the time when you know we are done as a football club.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, trekka said:

Unacceptable. We are getting worse and are an embarrassment to the name that is Aston Villa and all that it stands for. I feel for Dr Tony as he has done everything right but I'm quickly losing patience with Bruce.

I don't. The owner lives and dies by his managerial appointments and it's looking like both of his have been horribly wrong. Any rich fool with a new toy can throw money at a club, but how that club performs determines how they'll be judged, and this club is still failing. Badly. 

Whilst Bruce seemed like the sensible choice, and hindsight is now telling us Bruce might have been a bad one, it was Xia's decision to appoint him. Some of the fans didn't want Bruce, and they expressed concerns about his limitations from the very outset, so if a group of football fans could see it, why couldn't our own owner and his supporting cast of so called 'football men'.

This is all in hindsight, sure, but as fan I have that luxury, but as an owner, you most certainly do not.

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, leighavfc said:

ive just had same convo with my brother. get him now and let him have a full pre season etc. Between now and end of season he can plan for next season. 

Im not one for changing managers but i havent actually seen us play "well" under bruce, at least we were getting results. Now were playing S**T and not get any results. No excuses with the players and finances Dr Tone has threw at it this season

If there were any signs of encouragement, anything at all evident in his tenure that would give us any hope for the future, then it would just about be reasonable to say that we should stick with the manager or be patient BUT (Bruce's favourite word!) things have only gotten worse the longer he has been in charge and losing at home to a struggling Ipswich team is another major embarrassment piled upon those recent ones... 

One of the differences with Bruce and our recent managers is that he, unlike the previous incumbents, has been given a lot of free reign, control and resources. Previous managers were heavily restricted in that sense and, arguably, may well have performed better in these circumstances, under this owner and his team...

Edited by Jas10

38 minutes ago, trekka said:

Unacceptable. We are getting worse and are an embarrassment to the name that is Aston Villa and all that it stands for. I feel for Dr Tony as he has done everything right but I'm quickly losing patience with Bruce.

Has he done everything right or has he made two huge mistakes with his choice of managers?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Probably been mentioned before but we haven't p*sse'd off any local gypsies have we ?

yes, the ones that go to Sty Andrews.

Anyway, look on the bright side, at least we won't be losing our unbeaten home record to the scummers

spelling-bee-winner-excitement.gif

Hardly inspiring - 

Steve Bruce: "Not happy with the performance"

Not happy with the performance, no. I’d be sitting here lying if I said it was a wonderful performance.

Maybe, with 5 to 6 new players and a different system, maybe it’s too much. Maybe it’s too quick to change.

I thought with the personnel we’ve got we’d be really suited to it but we found it difficult today.

The shots on target stat is pretty much why you can't use stats for anything, we had the Lansbury shot which was a good save, we hit the bar...after that can you think of another proper shot or chance? The baker header might be our b st chance but won't go down as anything, couple of mis hit crosses and daisy cutters obviously do though

Â