Adobe Flash

OutByEaster?

Gents,

I'm running a fairly new mac and am having trouble with Flash player.

I've set the plug in settings for flash to "On" in Safari for the websites I'm using, but despite this, I get about 4 or 5 seconds of streamed content before the stream cuts out. I think it's something to do with the website not picking up Flash as the player, but I'm not sure how to fix it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled flash and still the same problem.

Can anyone advise, as it's stopping me picking up on some of my favourite content and there was something I was hoping to watch tonight.

Thank you.

I've been avoiding installing other browsers, but...if i ever want to watch anything online again I suppose there's no choice. 

It's weird, I can get any site at all to use flash, or ask if I'd like to use flash, except those where I watch a stream - those can't be persuaded to ask, if I could persuade them to ask, then I'd be fine. :(

I'll try chrome - ta Tegis.

Have you fettled the settings in Safari, Scott? - Like cmd + comma, then the security tab,

Screen Shot 2016-12-17 at 13.07.48.jpg

then Plug in settings (see pic above ), then you get to something like the pic below, where you can set the choice for various sites. That works for me, fine, I just tried it. Maybe set it to "ask" instead of on, so that it doesn't do the 5 seconds thing you complain of?

Screen Shot 2016-12-17 at 13.08.01.jpg

What site still only has Flash video? It's 2016 ffs, most browsers are starting to remove Flash support.

Could be worth removing/disabling Flash entirely, they might serve you HTML5 video instead.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Davkaus said:

What site still only has Flash video?

NFL gamepass, utter useless muppets :(

Using chromecast has better picturequality but has a bad habit of losing connection and force you to restart

When i got my new Macbook Air I tried to watch a video on the BBC site (i think) and it would't play.

Downloaded Chrome and no issues since. 

Â