Week 8

Brumerican

2 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'd argue that the ex head of officiating who said on the broadcast that it was a blatant foul is more knowledgeable than either commentator.

You're just displaying confirmation bias :P

If we're talking bad calls, how about this from the Skins' game. We could see it at the time and in the replay, but no penalty was given. Bengals went scored on the drive from the kick off, 15 yards could/would have made a difference. 

Crowder facemasked

The facemask that was given for Breeland on Eifert was a hand-on and not a grab. There were numerous late hits on Cousins, DPIs and a terrible OPI flag on Garcon at a crucial point in OT that was unbelievable. No wonder Josh Norman went ballistic at the end of the game.

9 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

NFL tells Seahawks there were at least 3 controversial calls that didn't go Seattle's way that should have.

What a shock eh. All 3 were huge points in the game too. What a joke.

@tonyh29 any thoughts?

Edited by StefanAVFC

21 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

What a shock eh. All 3 were huge points in the game too. What a joke.

@tonyh29 any thoughts?

my thoughts are the same as the EU referendum ..you lost , so get over it :D

But joking aside   , did they also comment on the plays that were fouls against the Saints that weren't given  ?

8 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

my thoughts are the same as the EU referendum ..you lost , so get over it :D

But joking aside   , did they also comment on the plays that were fouls against the Saints that weren't given  ?

Examples?

It was incredibly clear that the Seahawks were hosed on multiple plays. This has been confirmed by the NFL themselves. These weren't minor calls, these were blatant that changed the game entirely.

If you're able to provide specific examples like I was, then I'll be happy to debate it with you.

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Examples?

It was incredibly clear that the Seahawks were hosed on multiple plays. This has been confirmed by the NFL themselves. These weren't minor calls, these were blatant that changed the game entirely.

If you're able to provide specific examples like I was, then I'll be happy to debate it with you.

I'm a bit busy to sit down and watch the whole game to find specific examples  , but it was at Payton's press conference where he talked about the poor standard of refs etc where he specifically mentioned missed pass interferences in the match

Interestingly Carroll's own comments seem to suggest he is acknowledging that the dirty Seahawks are kind bringing it upon themselves with their style of play  ..and that he wouldn't change it

There we go then. I found 4/5 specific examples that stood out from the game that clearly. You can't even name one off the top of your head. There simply isn't a discussion to be had. It is staggering how you even admitted you don't know the ins and outs, now it involves the Seahawks, you're suddenly an expert.

This pig-headedness is infuriating. Saints had at least 3 huge, objectively wrong calls which changed the game. The NFL admitted it, neutral fans have written articles about it, your own fans are saying so. If you're looking at the replays and trying to argue the two specifically weren't OPI, then you don't know the rules. Full stop.

Acknowledge it. You won so it doesn't matter anyway. The Seahawks aren't always to blame you know.

Edited by StefanAVFC

I wonder if subconsciously the referees will give Seattle an easier ride this weekend off the back of the NFL's comments.  It's a little odd to hear them come out against officials so it would only be human nature for the next set of Seahawks' officials to make sure that they don't come in for the same treatment.  I'm not saying they'll favour them.  Just that they'll get a fair crack.

On that tentative basis, I predict Seattle will cover the spread this week :D (they're 6.5pt favourites)

Ultimately I don't think it'll affect either season much. Seattle are going to win the division, New Orleans probably won't have enough for the playoffs anyway. But it goes to show how poor the standard of refereeing is in the NFL in general. They do get a LOT of calls - particularly involving PI - wrong (or completely miss them. It's not like football where you've got 3 people to watch everything, there's a tonne of refs.

3 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

Now it involves the Seahawks, you're suddenly an expert.

all ive done is highlight the commentary I watched where the only voice said it was unplayable and more teams should do it and refer to an article where Payton   Mentions interference calls that werent made

oh and i also very clearly stated I wasn't all that on the rules

so where have I claimed to be an expert ? 

49 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

division, New Orleans probably won't have enough for the playoffs anyway.

Insert Get Out Gif here ....

should beat the 69'ers at the weekend and when the Falcons lose we will have them in our sights :) 

The NFL have agreed with you @StefanAVFC.  The ex-head of officiating has said you're right. @tonyh29 isn't even saying it's legit.  Just that the commentator said it's a clever implementation of a play because it's more difficult to call in those scenarios i.e. the 2yd line, and they got away with it.

Â