The National Hunt Thread (Horse Racing)

AvfcRigo82

I think the trainers to watch this year will be Hobbs, Skelton and Tizzard. Hobbs because he now has a chance to challenge the two British super-powers of Henderson and Nicholls, as they are now without superstar horses that they've held in recent times. Hobbs has pretty much played supporting role but he might take some of their glory this season. Skelton is a newbie who had a great season last season and will need to replicate that if he wants to attract wealthy owners. Tizzard has just taken some of the Potts horses and will be a good trainer to follow this season. He could well take the Gold Cup this season.

5 minutes ago, villarocker said:

Coneygree will be match fit again by then! I like Cue Card but his last two races were bad so he looks to me like a hit and miss horse these days. Coneygree ran a good race when you think of how long he's been off.

He is an impressive beast but always has to be a question mark to whether a horse can get back to the level he was after such a long lay off. 

However, lining up to a be a good Gold Cup; Cue Card, Coneygree, Thistlecrack and Don Cossack (injury permitting). 

No sure who Mullins' top charge will be?

1 minute ago, Xela said:

He is an impressive beast but always has to be a question mark to whether a horse can get back to the level he was after such a long lay off. 

However, lining up to a be a good Gold Cup; Cue Card, Coneygree, Thistlecrack and Don Cossack (injury permitting). 

No sure who Mullins' top charge will be?

Coneygree showed that a novice can win it so Thistlecrack, who looks a real machine, will have a great chance at this, if he keeps progressing. You're right though, it promises to be a cracking race.

9 minutes ago, Xela said:

Solid animal, but never Gold Cup winning quality IMO

Agreed, but about the best Mullins will have for it this year though. As for Thistlecrack, the class horse around but couldn't be having it as a Gold Cup winner. Needs to mature and learn to jump fences first.

Not a great line up next weekend, hopefully a few more star horses get a run out.  

Hopefully the Mullins/Ricci double act will not be so dominant this year but still having Douvan, Faugheen, Annie Power and Vroum Vroum Mag, they're sure to hoover up a fair whack of grade ones 

On 16 November 2016 at 20:46, Brumerican said:

First race back . I wouldn't worry about her come March .

Surprised to see it dropped in trip today after being easily outpaced at 2.2m 

I prefer the other Jigginstown runner Petit Mouchoir @ 7/2. 

Good luck if your on it. 

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

Surprised to see it dropped in trip today after being easily outpaced at 2.2m 

I prefer the other Jigginstown runner Petit Mouchoir @ 7/2. 

Good luck if your on it. 

I see Cooper has chosen to ride Petit Mouchir as well .

I picked 6 out of the 7 winners at Doncaster on Friday with only Azert De Coeur letting me down, and that broke a blood vessel so may have gone in too otherwise. Didn't place a bet on any of them! 9 winners from 21 races overall that day. Won a few quid on Saturday though after getting 5 of my 9 up on my Union Jack bet. :)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, villarocker said:

I picked 6 out of the 7 winners at Doncaster on Friday with only Azert De Coeur letting me down, and that broke a blood vessel so may have gone in too otherwise. Didn't place a bet on any of them! 9 winners from 21 races overall that day. Won a few quid on Saturday though after getting 5 of my 9 up on my Union Jack bet. :)

Your supposed to put them up before the off! ;)

2 hours ago, Kingman said:

Your supposed to put them up before the off! ;)

I know! Lol

I was trying out something that I used to do as a kid, pick a horse in every race and see how many come in. I was bored during my lunch break at work so decided to have a go. After doing so well and not backing them, I decided to have a flutter on Saturday and got 5 up from 9. Makes a change from my losing footie bets. 

I've had a lill ante post tickle on Alvarado and Ucello Conti @ 16/1 in Saturdays Bechers Chase 

Think Un De Sceaux will be the one to beat in the Tingle Creek.

Edited by Kingman

I would have been fuming if i had money on Vroum Vroom Mag, Walsh to busy posing 1f out when Cooper was pushing like ****. 

Sat out the back in a slowly run race and put the horse in far to many pockets. 

Im a fan of Walsh but no need for that, If he had won it would have looked spectacular and we would be saying what a ride, what a jockey but why take those kind of chances on a horse thats been absent for 219 days? its not Annie Power lol. 

Fair play to the winner, Cant give that kind of a lead to a good horse in AJ. 

Thinks its fair to say AJ won't be going back to 2m anytime soon. 

Edited by Kingman

Â