Amsterdam

Jimzk5

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

We're looking pretty much all over Holland now, trying to do a saturday in Amsterdam to see the banksy stuff then a Sunday in either venlo or roemond to do the Sunday shopping that you can't do in Germany 

Not many places for under €80 For 1 night, Holland seems really expensive for hotels let alone Amsterdam 

One thing Netherlands is not is cheap. Closer to Dublin prices maybe even more in some places not just Amsterdam. Ive seen 6 bed hostels going for 50 a night per bed

8 hours ago, villa4europe said:

We're looking pretty much all over Holland now, trying to do a saturday in Amsterdam to see the banksy stuff then a Sunday in either venlo or roemond to do the Sunday shopping that you can't do in Germany

Venlo has an awesome record store if that's your bag, Sounds.  Absolutely loads of stuff.  If you can make your way as far out as Arcen, the Clevers ice-cream parlour right on the riverbank does the best sundaes I have ever eaten bar none.  Also Kasteeltuinen is gorgeous, definitely worth a walk around.

• Like 2

My mom lived there

i stopped at a service station there on my way to Hamburg with the villa

now I get to shopping there on a Sunday because Germany is closed! Think I will end up buying food more than anything else, my mom is visiting in August and she'll want frikadeller, Dutch kroketten (with the meat in the middle) and the Dutch do one incredible peanut satay style sauces

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Â