BT TV?

TrentVilla

Anyone on here got BT for TV? I'm thinking of switching my TV, phone and broadband from Sky to BT as frankly it just seems a better deal for your money.

So anyone done the same? Anyone got BT?

A few queries I'm hoping for answers on...

1. Does BT TV have something like Sky On Demand where you can access programs instantly?

2. I had BT internet a few years ago and the wireless routers were rubbish and failed regularly. Have they improved?

3. Apart from not getting Sky Atlantic are there any other disadvantages? (Currently haven't got Sky sports anyway so won't miss the additional SS channels you can't get on BT.

4. Can you buy films on BT like you can on Sky?

Input appreciated folks.

My sister has it, switched from sky to bt and hasn't had any trouble, the on demand is very similar to what sky have (& virgin fwiw) and you can buy films yo watch

In all honesty, out of the 3 big providers I'd go back to virgin tomorrow, the Virgin tivo box was so much better than the sky+ box I have now

Edited by Jimzk5

Thanks Jumzk5

I'd rather go for Virgin than BT but I also want to get the master socket moved and being with BT seems like the easiest way to do it. Sky seem incapable of comprehending what I'm even talking about when I ask them.

Regarding number 2 most ISP gear is pretty awful when it comes to wireless but BT have really improved over the last few years on this. Homehub 5 (which is what you will get) is solid, Also you are probably aware of this rule change but I'll post it anyway just in case hope this helps

From the 20th of June, customers will only have to contact the supplier they want to switch to, they will no longer need to ask their existing provider for a MAC code. Once this is done, the old provider will be required to provide a letter as a formal notification of the service ending, informing the customer of any final charges (such as for broadband usage or phone calls not yet paid for) that may apply.

http://www.broadband.co.uk/blog/2015/04/the-process-for-switching-broadband-providers-is-changing-in-june/

Next month they will be releasing their brand new UHD G5 set-top box from Humax, Youview+ box, 250 HD hours of storage on the built-in 1TB hard drive

I believe the UHD sports channel also goes live from 1/8/15 and will be showing the charity shield final on the 2/8/15 in UHD

Edited by Kingman

Â