Steve McClaren

The way Newcastle have set the board up now is interesting. McClaren, Graham Carr, and Bobby Moncur are all football men, and are part of a four man board of directors with Lee Charnley. Ashley has stood down form the board, so it would seem that they're letting football men get on with running things, with minimal input from the owner (this remains to be seen of course!).   

They thought they were getting De Boer or Bielsa of course they will turn on him quickly 

He is just a small upgrade on Pardew

I wouldn't say he is an upgrade on Pardew, unless by upgrade you mean less of a tosser?

McClaren has had a charmed managerial career in my opinion, and I will never know how he managed to secure the England Manager's job when 6 months earlier Midlesbrough fans were throwing season tickets at him after his team were thrashed by DOL's Villa team. He won the League cup, and had a flukey run in Europe before finally being thrashed by the first decent team they encountered, which is not enough in my opinion to get the top job in England. I think being English when the press were clamouring for an English manager was his only qualification.

They thought they were getting De Boer or Bielsa of course they will turn on him quickly 

He is just a small upgrade on Pardew

I wouldn't say he is an upgrade on Pardew, unless by upgrade you mean less of a tosser?

McClaren has had a charmed managerial career in my opinion, and I will never know how he managed to secure the England Manager's job when 6 months earlier Midlesbrough fans were throwing season tickets at him after his team were thrashed by DOL's Villa team. He won the League cup, and had a flukey run in Europe before finally being thrashed by the first decent team they encountered, which is not enough in my opinion to get the top job in England. I think being English when the press were clamouring for an English manager was his only qualification.

Reminds me of another recent England manager...

Â