Mad World?

villafan306

What the f**k are you lot talking about? Harewoods a bag of shite and we all know it! im amazed at some of the comments ie 'give the lad a break'! were not running a charity for prem rejects, and i for one dont want to see him warming his fat arse on our bench all season picking up his 20 grand a week or whatever it is for doing diddly squat which is exactly what i think the fools worth nothing i wouldnt want him in my sunday team!!!

If this is the callibre of player were bringing in for next season expect a dogfight people, MH was surpluss to requirements at west ham ask yourselves why gentlemen! sorry but this is unacceptable!! mon give youre head a wobble son and spend wisely!

Wrong thread, mate. There's a raging, ranting thread elsewhere. This one's a little more reflective. You might enjoy yourself more in that one.

What the f**k are you lot talking about? Harewoods a bag of shite and we all know it! im amazed at some of the comments ie 'give the lad a break'! were not running a charity for prem rejects, and i for one dont want to see him warming his fat arse on our bench all season picking up his 20 grand a week or whatever it is for doing diddly squat which is exactly what i think the fools worth nothing i wouldnt want him in my sunday team!!!

If this is the callibre of player were bringing in for next season expect a dogfight people, MH was surpluss to requirements at west ham ask yourselves why gentlemen! sorry but this is unacceptable!! mon give youre head a wobble son and spend wisely!

Point?

I'll try and paraphrase - Harewood isn't good enough.

It's all very well signing people with the intention of strengthening the squad and not necessarily the 1st XI - à la Sutton last season - but Harewood just isn't good enough, and that is the bottom line. The money would be better off spent on someone like Luke Varney, a promising youngster who would be available for cheaper and have the prospect of developing into a better play than Harewood is. (By the way I know Varney's just gone to Charlton, just using him as an example)

.....If Harewood reads the comments on here I think he will be somewhat hurt. Whats happened to the fair minded Villa Fans.

As for him being Back up to Carew, well..... It may be on the surface but if he is scoring and Carew isn't don't be too surprised to see MH donning the first team shirt.

The days of turning up and expecting a first team place to be guaranteed are over.

just dont understand why we would get rid of a vassell and then sign another vassell.. but ill give him a chance..

.....He's had all the chances for me.

I totally agree with this sentiment and hope Mr Harewood will read this and then **** off to Wigan.

Harewood is a waste of time and money and NOT what anyone expected when RL and MON took over.

So far in what was promised to be a summer when we would "Be having a real good go". All we've had a go at is signing the captain of a team who but for an Argie genius WOULD haave gone down. AND now MON goes out and signs a striker not good enough to get into said team!

This has desperation written all over it, many of us predicted this type of signing only to be told we were pessimistic. Not pessimistic, just realistic and looking forward to a season of struggling just below the shite.

Thanks MON and RL i should be used to wasting my hard earned cash on a season ticket but alas it still hurts after 32 years. Sucker for punishment!

I've woken up in Australia to see the news that we're close to signing Harewood. I soon spat out my weet-bix and started to scatch my head, to come up with some reason why we are signing Harewood. Yes he has some positve attributes, and he is probably being signed as a back-up for Carew. Only the manager knows why he believes he can do a job for the Villa, and if we do indeed sign him, I hope O'Neill is proven right.

But as the days go on and we get closer to the opening of the new season, I would be lying to say that my confidence has not started to be shaking. there has been a lot of statements made by this club over the past few months, and in different areas they have delivered. But if the quality of player we are buying is going to be the Reo-Coker and Harewood (I do rate Reo-Coker, but that has to be proven), then Europe will be yet another seaon away. We still lack depth in this squad, and we still lack the quality to make the Top 6.

good signing IMO, and shows us how far we've come in 12mths if he's to be back up to JC. under HDE and DO'L he'd have been our big summer singing. never know he might recapture his form from when he ripped us apart 2 yrs ago!

Not everyone signing is top class. Thats logical, we need bodies and squad. But it would be nice if atleast one signing was top class. So far they have done a lot of talk, and **** all walk.

Good to see a more measured and sensible response.

Some of the unreasonable reaction on the IC Brum board for instance makes one wonder if these guys are really Villa fans.

They had written MH off even before he signed.

I'm new on here and respect all that's been said but can no one remember when marlon was moaning about not getting in the west ham team. All i can remember is him missing glaring chances. Do we need another player who half way through the season starts being public about not getting enough chances. Seems to me that wer've brought a good first divison play who we won't be able to sell.

Â