What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

:lol: Fair enough I guess. I do like Wombats, they cae around for me at the same time as the Pigeon Detectives, I still can't decide which band I prefer.

In fairness All Hour Cymbals is a very good choice in itself.

Just goes like that sometimes, I guess. There's plenty of music that you get told you'll like because you like this or that and it just don't work out (e.g. I love At The Drive-In, but I don't like The Mars Volta save for one album).

The till-boy's fervent outrage was definitely amusing though.

And plump for Pigeon's, chiefly because they unknowingly put me up for a night after a bender in Leeds.

Nothing story, really. Went up to see the band of one of their mates (and at the time manager) play a farewell gig, after muchos drinking we all crashed round their gaffe whilst they were away and we were offered a bed for the night which we duly took ('twas a much better option than the alternative, getting the vomit comet to York at ****-knows-o'clock in the morning).

1st one: no likey

2nd one: pretty sweet

3rd one: absolute BELTER proper summer tune

4th one: no likey

5th one: pretty sweet

6th one: okay

7th one: likey this one

8th one: likey

Melburn and Quivver the stand out favourites from this. Melburn especially.

Closest one I think to my Fused Terror fav at the moment. Happy bright, summery and a cracking hook and nice meaty house beat.

Quivver is something I'd listen to in the summer as well, reminds me of tracks I used to play Need for Speed Underground 2 to. The awesome delayed synth that comes in about 4 minutes 30 is rather special.

I also have rediscovered Danny Tenaglia's I feel Loved.

that Melburn one is outstanding. It's like someone improvising on a synth over the track. I used to do that all the time. 90% was cack but the 10% I came out with was stuff like above.

all you need is a good base track, synth, pitch bend and some weed.

DJ Roberts in da house!

Rather embarrasingly (and unimaginatively), that was my pseudonym of choice back in my "glory" days. I say glory, I spun the wheels of steel the sum total of once at some poxy back alley club in Reading.

You and me should team up G, what about Monoxide and Beta Decay? We could tour all the high rolling places like Slough, or dare I say, Bicester.

Fine, Hannibal Selectah can be yours. Monoxide and Hannibal Selectah, are we running some sort of killing franchise on the side?

Â