What Song Are You Listening To Right Now?

Xann

Another rock cover. Disturbed covering Genesis' Land of Confusion. I don't like the original, I'm not a fan of Disturbed really, and as a cover it's not really done anything. Sounds like it came from the 80s still.

The video's shite as well.

I'm noticing a correlation between rock covers and shiteness.

That's one of the few Disturbed songs I don't hate ("Down with the Sickness" probably being the other one).

**** me, the summer of 2000 is probably the last time I was really generally enthused about new music. A shit decade for music :( :( .

I don't mind a couple of their singles but they're really not all that good.

A mate of mine who's a big metal head takes the piss out of them, thinks they're just posers. Apparently they covered a classic Metallica song for a show and cut most of the solo out because it was too difficult for them to play, as he will recite whenever Disturbed is mentioned.

More or less my view of them as well... they're basically the Bon Jovi or Winger of the 2000s. At least they're better than Papa Roach (damning with faint praise).

Covering a pop-era Genesis tune is about the limit of their capabilities.

Porcupine Tree - Anesthetize

I got recommended to listen to Porcupine Tree by a girl once, can't rmember which now which is kind of annoying and I dismissed them out of hand and didn't bother. Listening to this is making me think I was a bit quick to judge the band when I had so little knowledge of them first hand.

The one I was listening to earlier has Rush's guitarist foa solo in the first section... it's not a massive part of the whole thing since it's 18mins long but still, it's Rush, you should be all over that solo like a Catholic priest on a particularly pretty and vulnerable young boy Levi!

Tisn't a bad song to be fair either. Definely will investigate Porcupine Tree further.

The drummer looked thoroughly petrified.

James Brown was a harsh task master, he'd fine his players for making mistakes.

Hard to say how he'd react to a televised cock up, it's probably best avoided.

:)

Â