Thread for Transfer Suggestions

JohnCresswell

Interesting today to see 2 clubs have agreed a fee for Stead, Sunderland and A N Other presumably thats not us! Skysports website has the top villa news that Richardson of England debut fame is not content with a place on the bench at manure and Villa and WBA are leading the chase should he leave and Ryan Taylor the Tranemere full back who was impressive in the Play Off 2nd leg and mentioned on here has agreed a fee to join Everton.

Don't think its us in for Stead but you never know!!!

depending on cost, hed be a better bet than phillips....

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone fancy Steve Marlet, his loan from Fulham to Marseille has ended and Fulham have reportedly granted him a free transfer. He could be worth a punt for nothing! We could sign him on a similar deal to the one Newcastle had for Kluivert and see how it turns out.

I know I've just posted conflicting things about South Americans and here's another we should at least try to get

D'Alessandro - I know we've been going on about him on here for ages but it seems he is looking to move to the Premier League, but with Spuds. Surely we should get involved. Spuds have signed about 243 players in 12 months...

Ive said this before and i'll say it again.

Will dol know about Saviola/D'Alessandro? If he does why have we not tried? If not fair enough.

Does dol read newsnow/bbc/sky just cause they were not on his original list doesnt mean we cannot go for them surly?

Real Madrid have released Portuguese international winger Luis Figo, according to Spanish newspaper Marca.

The 32-year-old fell out with coach Wanderley Luxemburgo near the end of the season after being used as a sub as Real finished second behind Barcelona.

"The way they treated me when I was dropped wasn't right. They didn't tell me I wasn't going to play. It really hurt my pride," Figo told Marca.

The former World Player of the Year had a year left to run on his Real deal.

Figo has been a long-term target of Tottenham, who are in the market for a right-sided midfielder after selling Simon Davies to Everton for £3.5m.

Real's director of football Arrigo Sacchi had admitted on Punto Radio that Figo's future at the club was in the balance.

"I don't know whether he will stay. He's got a contract with us and I hope he stays because he could still be a great player for us and he is a great professional," said Sacchi.

"But I think his future depends more on him than it does on us. If he continues to feel down about his situation then it won't be good for him or for us."

Figo joined Real from arch-rivals Barcelona for a then world record fee of £37m in a sensational transfer in 2000.

Stop laughing long enough to post thoughts on this as a possibility. Two years out of him for a free transfer may invigorate interest in us as a club and attract better players than are within our current reach

I'd buy a season ticket if we bought Luis Figo and travel from Torquay every week, needless to say this won't happen then. I'm sure anyone who knows the slightest thing about football wants him at our club, go on you old pantspisser make a name for yourself for the right reasons just this once!

d'allessandro and saviola would be superb...

if we could buy both, and we have the angel connection, but if we could buy both, i would be a very very happy bunny...

but we wont...

wouldnt want figo... i think hes over rated, greedy and a pre-madonna...

i think hes over rated,

Have to disagree with this wholesale! The guy has 2 great feet is a former European Player of The Year and tears sides apart week in/week out when played. If he's overrated what the hell does that make people's opinions on this site of Angel

Figo would be a good signing.

The reason he wants out of Madrid is because he wants to play. He has 1 year left on his deal and could easily sit that out and pick up his cash.

And as for raising out profile I certainly think he would help us attract other quality players.

We can but dream.