Thread for Transfer Suggestions

JohnCresswell

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Baros will be looking elsewhere ... Valencia would be a likely bet.

Kewell is a big risk - what price, what wages and what likely return? His heart wasn't there after his dream move to Liverpool. At his best, then I'd have him here in a shot. At his worst, then he'd be a waste.

I like Mellor - 5 goals in 16 this season, including one in the European Cup against a half decent side. He did OK a few years ago in the Championship and has matured since then. His work rate's very good and he's decent in the air. If Benitez is clearing out then he'll go - he almost went to Sheff United for the season this year before they had their injury crisis up front.

We're after two strikers - him over Phillips for similar money, anyone?

Yeah LV, if he has the proper support... with Kewell and Solano behind him I think he could do a great job.. Look at how many goals JPA set-up towards the end of the season with intelligent lay offs etc... I'm sure Vassell could fit in with that formation too as the support player to JPA

It's a winner or at the very least an attempt to play attractive attacking footie :winkold:

Problem with that side is without Vassell it lacks pace both over 2 yards and 20. I think we seriously require a tricky winger (in the Tony Daley mould) and a midfielder with a creative edge who can arrive late in the box and score goals as well. But then again in an ideal world we wouldn't have Ellies in charge!

But then again in an ideal world we wouldn't have Ellies in charge!

How very true Rich!!

Do you think it'd be worth putting a cheeky bid in for Rommedhal who hasn't settled at Chorlton??? There's a tricky winger with bags of pace..

A possible goalkeeping replacement for the Postman?

Manchester United have released goalkeeper Roy Carroll.

The 27-year-old Northern Ireland international is one of eight players to be let go by United, with keeping colleague Ricardo also on his way out.

Carroll had regained his first-team place at United by the end of the season and played in the FA Cup final ahead of American Tim Howard.

Ramon Calliste, Ben Collett, Daniel Nardiello, David Poole, Lee Lawrence and Paul Tierney have also been let go.

kezman has not been called up for the serbia and montenegro side today....mabye the delay on the confirmation over carlton cole has some link with this (only 1 loan per club)....i hope so... he hasnt set the world alite this season but lets face it why would they sign him in the first place if he wasnt cut out for the premiership. He looks like eh could be a great player. - though mabye he is too similar to Angel.

Anyone for Carroll as a replacement/competition for Sorensen. Is on a free transfer having been released by Man U.

As much as I want to replace Sorensen, Carroll would just be a sideways move

See Spurs are in the chase for Andy Johnson, adds to the speculation that Robbie Keane is on his way out.

Newcastle are interested, but surely he would choose us over them? Wouldn't he???

If Keane does go to Newcastle does that mean we'll get him in 2-3 years for about £1.5 million, that'll be the excuse Doug uses not to buy him anyway! Also get ready for an influx of people saying we should loan Kieran Richardson, and this then followed by people saying that they don't like loan signings!!! :roll:

I think its a different Ricardo

Sorry my bad. It is the one who Vass doesn't like very much played for Sporting Lisbon

Sorry, but what is the story behind this Vass & Ricardo thing?