Streaming

villaglint

When I first watched a stream several years ago and I remember thinking in a few years when they get the technology/broadband speeds right this is going to be really excellent.

Fast forward 5/6 years and while most games are generally watch-able the quality is still pretty poor.

I know the major networks want to make it difficult for us to get good streams so we pay for their "in country" options. But it got me thinking why cant we have access to a Villa season ticket through SkySports for example.

I know the Premier League would say they want the focus to be on people going to the games. But pretty much everyone with internet access has been able to watch every game live for the last 6+ years and the clubs have still by in large still been able to fill the grounds.

So my question would be is that argument valid and do you think we could ever get to a point where we don't have to watch our own team illegally and get to pay for just the games we do want to watch?

• Like 1

With the NBA, I can pay £20 for the year and get 90% of games live, a shed load of stats and highlights, analysis, even an NBA TV Channel!

I personally think that it is crazy how when I was in America, I was able to watch whatever Premier League game I wanted as long as I found a place with the correct service. I think it was Direct TV, I could be wrong.

Now, even in England it isn't possible to watch any Premier League game you want, only the ones that are being shown on UK TV. There must be a reason as to why every game isn't available in the UK? 

Now, even in England it isn't possible to watch any Premier League game you want, only the ones that are being shown on UK TV. There must be a reason as to why every game isn't available in the UK? 

Isn't it something to do with protecting lower league teams?

• Like 1

But I don't understand that argument - right now I don't watch any lower league games. And is it really the case that if we could choose pay to watch one teams games that people who currently go to lower league games would stop being fans of those teams so they could watch Newcastle or Southampton on the telly every week?

Yeah but that is what I am asking - would it change the number of people who currently attend games?

I don't think it would because we can all watch these games now anyway albeit on crappy streams and clubs still get good attendance.

I don't think it would stop anyone going to games, especially now. I pay for a site and I can watch every Villa game I like, most of the time in HD. It doesn't take a genius to find the websites

They also blocked it in Norway because of that nottingham case. **** bullshit, such trival stuff. You get absolutely robbed, it costs around 2K kroners which equals to 200 pounds give or take. They mostly show the big teams, but they switch it up a bit but it certainly isn't equal. Like liverpool got way more matches than hull. Not only that, but they even managed to introduce a liverpool and manchester united channels. Worst deal ever. There is no point, I can't even do it legal. I have to stream it illegally.

You really wonder how they can't introduce something similar to netflix. Like you can subsribe to premier league, bundesliga, la liga and so on. You can choose and the price adjust. The amount of money this could bring it is extremely high if they priced it right. But nope. This channel needs to have that and that channel needs to have this. So anti-consumer. Not to mention how great it would be to pick your own commentator depending on the language you want. Such a platform seems million miles away.

They also blocked it in Norway because of that nottingham case. **** bullshit, such trival stuff. You get absolutely robbed, it costs around 2K kroners which equals to 200 pounds give or take. They mostly show the big teams, but they switch it up a bit but it certainly isn't equal. Like liverpool got way more matches than hull. Not only that, but they even managed to introduce a liverpool and manchester united channels. Worst deal ever. There is no point, I can't even do it legal. I have to stream it illegally.

You really wonder how they can't introduce something similar to netflix. Like you can subsribe to premier league, bundesliga, la liga and so on. You can choose and the price adjust. The amount of money this could bring it is extremely high if they priced it right. But nope. This channel needs to have that and that channel needs to have this. So anti-consumer. Not to mention how great it would be to pick your own commentator depending on the language you want. Such a platform seems million miles away.

Exactly, I really don't think it would stop people going to games and better yet I bet a lot of money could be made from it. 

The core issue is that unless it was priced at something like 50 euro a month, the amount of money brought in is less than the TV companies will pay.

Sports is at this point the only reason to either pay for TV or watch advert-funded TV live. This means that the TV companies basically think that if they lose sports, they're out of business.

• Like 1

On the one hand I'd love to see a subscription model where you pay x amount for a 'season ticket' to all your club's games. On the otherhand, that model would massively advantage the top 3/4 clubs and leave everyone else behind.

Best keep it as is and let us watch every Villa game for free on dodgy streams  :thumb: (bar early rounds of the league & FA cup)  

• Like 1

I would def pay for a villa season ticket on Sky, but outside of the clubs that could fil ltheir ground twice over every week most clubs would see a decrease in attendances so I wouldn't imagine it will ever happen.

Out of interest, because i can never seem to find a good one, what is a good place to stream Villa games from?

I would def pay for a villa season ticket on Sky, but outside of the clubs that could fil ltheir ground twice over every week most clubs would see a decrease in attendances so I wouldn't imagine it will ever happen.

Out of interest, because i can never seem to find a good one, what is a good place to stream Villa games from?

Move to America and get cable/satellite TV (except for the 1-2 companies that NBC has been unable to cut deals with).

Move to America and get cable/satellite TV (except for the 1-2 companies that NBC has been unable to cut deals with).

Was ideally looking for a slightly cheaper option than relocating to the States, although I will put that on the reserve list.

• Like 1

Â