What Do We Need Next Season?

P3te

Once the seven have come in as long as the ones I marked to stay play at the same level they already do.

I can't see it. Other teams will continue to strengthen as well. The only way I can see us getting that much better is selling benteke for big money and using that as well as an improved budget on quality first team players.

Once the seven have come in as long as the ones I marked to stay play at the same level they already do.

I can't see it. Other teams will continue to strengthen as well. The only way I can see us getting that much better is selling benteke for big money and using that as well as an improved budget on quality first team players.

not every signing strengthens a team, as we've seen

As things stand now, I think this is what we need.

----------------Guzan

RB------Vlaar-----Okore------Bertrand

----------DM----Delph/Westwood

Weimann-------AMC----------------Gabby

---------------Benteke

Two strong midfielders - one that is a creative attacking midfielder and another strong defensive one. Then we need a right back if Lowton doesn't sort himself out. Quality over quantity this summer please. If we get these in then we can focus on backup.

The problem with playing gabby and andi like that is that our midfield is sorely lacking. i dont think it's sustainable. play actual wingers or don't bother IMO andi is wasted out wide, and an AMC won't fix anything because the CM behind him will be dismantled too easily

If Benteke goes or doesn't find his form, we have almost as much work to as the day Lambert arrived - in terms of getting a decent side on the pitch

Although im desperate to keep Benteke. I think lambert has led us to believe the strike force is the most important position in the squad. But get the midfield right and we will be just fine with Kozak at the helm! Great service will make a medicore striker look excellent i.e Bent 2011 season!!

Yes, no reason to believe otherwise.

We all know what you think.

Let's see. HH certainly didn't think the full fee would be made available to the manager.
Iirc he said the full dee wouldn't be available as transfer fees, citing incoming player wages and agent fees as part of it, no?

Ie sell a guy for 10m and you've probably got 8m as a replacement fee

Edited by P3te

Yea that's possible but then your talking about what is a fee...

For me it is all fees to sign a player not his wages.

So agents fee, signing fee and transfer fee ok. Wage packet no.

Separate budget that has to come from running costs as a club.

Â