What Do We Need Next Season?

P3te

Ok lets be clear.

That there are no excuses when the books are balanced now, not what he has previously spent.

Lets be clear that FFP penalties come into effect this year which means for the last three years we have needed to comply with it.

How does FFP work then ? - so if Randy wants to invest £40m into what is effectively a business - the FA would move in and stop him ?   - do you honestly believe that would happen ?

I thought FFP only applied to champions league qualifications but maybe i am wrong. In anycase we are going to get at least an extra 14 million from sky so we can afford to spend a bit more than 20 mil I think. 

Edited by PaulC

Ok lets be clear.

That there are no excuses when the books are balanced now, not what he has previously spent.

Lets be clear that FFP penalties come into effect this year which means for the last three years we have needed to comply with it.

How does FFP work then ? - so if Randy wants to invest £40m into what is effectively a business - the FA would move in and stop him ?   - do you honestly believe that would happen ?

I thought FFP only applied to champions league qualifications but maybe i am wrong. In anycase we are going to get at least an extra 14 million from sky so we can afford to spend a bit more than 20 mil I think. 

There's UEFA FFP and Premier League FFP, both now in affect, only the latter will affect us at the moment, but that's the one that has points deductions included in penalties

Ok lets be clear.

Any club thats gets points deducted for investing in players would surley challenge that deduction court - and asuming the club aren't in crippling debt the PL would look to be on dodgy ground. The measuring stick in any case seems to be wages - not transfer fee's - so you could offer a player a whopping signing on fee, but 40k pw wages.

Ok lets be clear.

Any club thats gets points deducted for investing in players would surley challenge that deduction court - and asuming the club aren't in crippling debt the PL would look to be on dodgy ground. The measuring stick in any case seems to be wages - not transfer fee's - so you could offer a player a whopping signing on fee, but 40k pw wages.

I can't believe Man City are within the FFP. If they are they must be fiddling the books.

Ok lets be clear.

I can't believe Man City are within the FFP. If they are they must be fiddling the books.

they've got a ludicrous sponsorship deal with etihad

Of course they are fiddling the books but they and Chelsea are in the unique position of being able to self sponsor and write their own cheque.

Also people forget both clubs have spent a few seasons cost trimming (wages) and both clubs have a vastly greater revenue that say 5 years ago.

Chelsea make more than Arsenal now for instance.

Tonev - I'm a firm believer in giving players at least 2 years. Hold onto him, keep him on the bench and see if he can break through

Luna - Not good enough for  first XI yet, and unlikely to be. Either he or Bennett needs to go

Is there a contradiction there?

Tonev - I'm a firm believer in giving players at least 2 years. Hold onto him, keep him on the bench and see if he can break through

Luna - Not good enough for first XI yet, and unlikely to be. Either he or Bennett needs to go

Is there a contradiction there?

The caveat was him or Bennett. No point keeping both AND getting Bertrand

In which case then it's Bennett who should go as Luna has been here less than a year.?

That'd be up to the manager. You could argue Bennett, being out for most of this season is in the same boat. We have no need for 3 left backs though, so whichever of Luna or Bennett would bring in the most money and/or be easier to shift should go if we get Bertrand in. I'd imagine it'd be Bennett to be honest, but I think there might be merit to converting him to a winger - in which case I'd like us to keep both if we sign Bertrand permanently 

Â