Your 5 Aston Villa Penalty Takers

maqroll

We'd probably only need to score two or three with Guzan in goal. It would most likely be Steer though. At least we don't have to worry about it this year.

Guzan hasn't saved the last few penalties he has faced

Didn't he save a pen from Snodgrass at Norwich this season?

Barry was brilliant for us in his last few seasons, never felt he was going to miss. Must've scored 14/15 of the ones he took for us (and we won a lot during Mon's reign).

Did Garry Parker ever take many penalties for us? He was really good at them for Leicester, rarely missed for them.

I have a feeling Luna would be o.k at them, Spanish players are usually good at giving the eyes to the keeper and then rolling it into the other corner. Bacuna never missed one apparently? Yeah I think Vlaar would be decent aswell and as captain you'd expect him to step up.

1. Holt

2. Luna

3. Vlaar

4. Benteke

5. Bacuna.

He didn't take one for Chelsea in the shootout with Munich.

Holt - Good, Experienced Pen Taker, good record for Norwich

Bacuna - Never missed a penner or so I hear

Vlaar - Has a powerful strike on him, if he hits it hard and low no keeper has a chance

KEA - All his finishes have been pretty precise strikes, good technique and placement

Bertrand - Definitely got a lot of practice with Chelsea! 

I would definitely be wary of Benteke and Gabby taking penalties, ironic because the two of them are our arguably our best strikers. However, Gabby's finishing is not great when its not instinctive, and Benteke's penalties have been sussed out, he tends to favour his right side, and both his penalties this season have been saved because of that. And his penalties don't have particularly good placement, power or height either. Even when he has scored them, it's been unconvincing. If the keeper guesses right he's saving em.  

Edited by Alpaywasawesome

Never ever a defender as a penalty taker! Miss more than hit! Benteke, Gabby, Weimann, El Ahmadi, Bacuna, Delph, Gardner, Westwood, Hoolahan. In that order. If needed, Guzan.

Edited by momo

Â