Jez

On the Pitch, this season are we  

105 members have voted

1. 1. On the Pitch, this season are we

• Better than last season
    • Worse than last season
    • Just about the same as last season

Guest VillaFan1

I think were worse than last season to be honest the football has done my head in as i cant stand watching this long ball crap.

Some of the football ive seen has been ok but most of it has been terrible and thats why were where we are.

And can I just add...

The players tried to heap as much of the blame as they could elsewhere last season.

They all came out whining that they were unhappy and tried to abdicate responsibility.

Well one season on and what's your **** excuses this time? You haven't got the manager, or Ellis, or the state of the club to blame anymore!

So Mellberg, JPA, and all of the other whinging bastards - how about you come out and tell us that YOU, once AGAIN, have got us into a MESS.

Admit that you're shit and unfit to wear the shirt. Go on.

At the end of the season, I'd line the **** up on the pitch, in front of the Holte, and I'd make each and everyone of them apologise to the fans.

The players were to blame and are to blame. Two managers can't be wrong. It's as simple as that.

Guest VillaFan1
And can I just add...

The players tried to heap as much of the blame as they could elsewhere last season.

They all came out whining that they were unhappy and tried to abdicate responsibility.

Well one season on and what's your **** excuses this time? You haven't got the manager, or Ellis, or the state of the club to blame anymore!

So Mellberg, JPA, and all of the other whinging bastards - how about you come out and tell us that YOU, once AGAIN, have got us into a MESS.

At the end of the season, I'd line the **** up on the pitch, in front of the Holte, and I'd make each and everyone of them apologise to the fans.

The players were to blame and are to blame. Two managers can't be wrong. It's as simple as that.

THANK **** GOD YOU SHARE THE SAME THOUGHTS AS I DO !!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly how i feel right now i feel angry at where we are its not the managers fault where we are its the players.

The only thing i,d criticise with O Neil is his selections of who plays and who doesnt.

If Moore doesn,t start against Everton i,d be very **** angry.

Its obvious Young should be on the wing and Carew needs someone to play off like Moore.

And can I just add...

Agreed.

Although, the players got the job done in terms of getting the manager sacked and possibly opening the club up to a takeover, I couldn't help feeling that players like JPA and Berger had a **** cheek in complaning after their 'contribution' to the club.

And can I just add...

I agree, but I don't think the senior players are to blame. I honestly am more inclined to blame the youngsters that have been rushed through to fill the gaping holes in the squad. Players like Cahill, Ridge, Gardiner, Gabby, Osbourne, Whittingham...cuz contrary to popular opinion I don't think any of them are good enough. Not yet anyways, some of them (in my humble opinion never will be).

You can't blame the kids for that, so I'm more inclined to put Ellis up in front of the Holte to apologise

MON is a new manager with new ideas, having to teach his tactics, to players he's never worked with before. It's a huge transitional period we're going through and that's why I believe had DOL still been here we would be doing much better right now especially after an £18 million or so outlay.

Were we not the last unbeaten team in the country? That would tell me that he got his point across to the players pretty quickly. DOL spent about £13m on 8 players in his last summer rather poorly in my opinion, plus we could always bring up the likes of Seth Johnson. The players clearly did not like DOL and didn't appreciate his negative attitude.

DOL spent about £13m on 8 players

Who were they again? I can't remember.

The players clearly did not like DOL and didn't appreciate his negative attitude.

Which ones told you that?

Were we not the last unbeaten team in the country? That would tell me that he got his point across to the players pretty quickly.

Why we not doing any better then?

Bouma 3.5m

Baros 6.5m

Hughes 1m

Phillips Around 1m, might be less.

Taylor 500k

Pretty much 13m there.

Players who were unhappy. Well Moore, Angel and Mellberg all came out and say they would've left without a change of manager and they were 3 key cornerstones of that unbeaten run early on. Also out player of the season Mr Barry, wasn't he only persuaded to stay after MON gave him the captain's armband, hardly indicates to me he wanted to stay under O'dreary. Players statement aswell, Sorensen didn't exactly rush to defend him.

The above leads me to indicate there's no chance O'dreary would've even got close to the run we went on at the start of the season and so would've been sacked, if not before.

Players who were unhappy. Well Moore, Angel and Mellberg all came out and say they would've left without a change of manager and they were 3 key cornerstones of that unbeaten run early on. Also out player of the season Mr Barry, wasn't he only persuaded to stay after MON gave him the captain's armband, hardly indicates to me he wanted to stay under O'Leary. Players statement aswell, Sorensen didn't exactly rush to defend him.

I've read those player statements and I think it's a bit of a stretch to say they all would have left if DOL was still here TBH. I think the situation of unhappiness which hung over the club was more down to a lack of ambition being shown rather than a dislike of the manager, but you or I will never know that for sure.

I'm inclined to think that sticking with DOL would have seen us do better this season than we have so far under MON.

Sinking ship has been steadied, so I'd say better, albeit the benefits are more long-term than any immediate effect.

My thoughts exactly, so I'm definitely going for "better".

Guest VillaFan1
Bouma 3.5m

Baros 6.5m <---------- waste of space and a lazy prick

Hughes 1m <-------------- is more of a championship player not prem standard

Phillips Around 1m, might be less. <------- injury prone and not enough goals

Taylor 500k <--------------- cant get infront of sorenen

Pretty much 13m there.

Players who were unhappy. Well Moore, Angel and Mellberg all came out and say they would've left without a change of manager and they were 3 key cornerstones of that unbeaten run early on. Also out player of the season Mr Barry, wasn't he only persuaded to stay after MON gave him the captain's armband, hardly indicates to me he wanted to stay under O'Leary. Players statement aswell, Sorensen didn't exactly rush to defend him.

The above leads me to indicate there's no chance O'Leary would've even got close to the run we went on at the start of the season and so would've been sacked, if not before.

And bravo i 100% agree with you although when that run came to an end so did our season if you ask me.

We have been obismal as of late and i just cant watch villa on tv as it bores me i really cant watch that long ball shit.

Chelsea do the same but they have world class all over their squad.

The liverpool game i got sick of get the ball then hoof it somewhere it really is shite football.

Moore is fit in my view because he wouldnt of scored 6 goals in 5 reserve games thats for sure.

Im scared for A.V.F.C i really am as we have everton monday and its a must win as we currently lie 4 points of the relegation zone.

I've read those player statements and I think it's a bit of a stretch to say they all would have left if DOL was still here TBH. I think the situation of unhappiness which hung over the club was more down to a lack of ambition being shown rather than a dislike of the manager, but you or I will never know that for sure.

I'm inclined to think that sticking with DOL would have seen us do better this season than we have so far under MON.

How much better though?! 14th in the league as opposed to 15th? At least this season under MON, we have learnt the ability of beating lower teams away from home in the cup. With O'dreary's dismal record in the cups, we'd have lost to Scunny or Leicester so no free trip down to Chelsea.

Guest VillaFan1

Must admit i think its **** cheeky how someone like JPA who has done **** all in the last 2 seasons!

I wouldnt listen to a word that idiot says as he,s been shit for ages.

And he,l still be shite next season to

Must admit i think its **** cheeky how someone like JPA who has done **** all in the last 2 seasons!

I wouldnt listen to a word that idiot says as he,s been shit for ages.

And he,l still be shite next season to

Where the **** does JPA come into this! I mean why single him out? :lol:

Â