Jez

On the Pitch, this season are we  

105 members have voted

1. 1. On the Pitch, this season are we

• Better than last season
    • Worse than last season
    • Just about the same as last season

Guest VillaFan1

Reading back through posts how JPA was kickin off saying he,d leave under DOL.

GOOD! He,s shite anyway and hasnt done shit in the last 2 seasons :D

Now he says he,s happy to stay at villa, yeah i bet he is sit back and collect his overpaid pay cheque :lol:

Criminal if you ask me

Guest VillaFan1

Can you say your happy with him being at villa, For me hes simply not good enough :oops:

No he has lost it, but Iam more worried about the selection of the team by our manager

One thing I'm starting to realise is that you're never going to please 100% of the people 100% of the time. I've questioned a few of his decisions, Gabby being the obvious one. But aside from that I can't see where he's dropped any real clangers. We're just not playing well as a unit. Tommorows game will be a huge signal of intent, with Maloney back fit and Moore back up to speed at a time when we're struggling to score goals, what will he do? I think we'll be pleasently suprised.

Anyway, the results have gone down the pan, but at least it's not been without a fight. Which is more than I can say for last season.

Better.

when you look at the games we have not had a Spurs 5-0 disaster and the only 'hammerings' have been at teh hands of the top 4.

we have fought to the bitter end in all of the games and I think the fact at least 3/4 of the team know they will not be the first team next season.

better in all ways and this will be seen this time next season

only the short termists are worrying the long termists can see the plans and ambition something in my villa supporting life I have never seen.

DOL had to leave because of what had happened during his three years here.

If the takeover had happened three years ago, I'm not sure we would have liked to replace him with MON right now.

But unfortunatly for DOL he had to work with the previous chairman and the three year cycle repeated itself. Hopefully for the last time.

Guest VillaFan1

Yeah im lost with the decision to keep playing gabby whos been shit the last 2 months hi sball control is about as good as a horses ball control.

Im also lost as to why Moore isn,t starting yet he,s continuously playing a full 90 mins for the reserves.

Maybe he,s afraid of dropping his big money signings ?

Either way if Moore doesn,t start tomorrow then something seriously isn,t right !!!!

only the short termists are worrying the long termists can see the plans and ambition something in my villa supporting life I have never seen.

sums it up for me.

The results and performances haven't been consistently good this season but i have 100% confidence that MON and Randy will take this club were it needs to be over the next few years.

Saying we'd be better off with DOL is just stupid, maybe if DOL had arrived at the same time as randy things may have been different but to suggest that after he's 3 years here that things would have improved is just crazy IMO.

Every season got worse, the fans were fed up with him, the players were not playing for him and the decline would just have continued.

We have to wait untill at least december this year to truly judge MON, lets see what kind of a squad he builds and what tactics he will play with his squad next season before we judge his ability to manage aston villa

Better how?

Fewer points.

Fewer goals scored.

Long ball tactics, very little 'football' so to speak.

Basic defensive errors from last season.

We haven't given any teams a proper tonking, at least we wholloped a few last season.

Still poor at set pieces and corners.

The only two positives is

1) we have a manager who is both media and fan friendly, just what we always wanted :roll:

2) Defensively we are harder to beat.

How is that better?

I cant believe people are still saying decent things about DOL, we'd be relegated if DOL was in charge..

We could get relegated under MON.

Its very much a possibility.

Anyway, the results have gone down the pan, but at least it's not been without a fight. Which is more than I can say for last season.

Better.

pretty much where i'm coming from too Dave.

we've had more fight this season, and also i can recall several games where we've played really well and not got anything out of it.

we've hit rather a bad slump and confidence has obviously been affected.

i think it's been a poor season, but at least i can see the effort that is being put in. Simply didn't happen during much of last season.

We're playing better then last season, there's more spirit and fight in us. Remember, there are alot of games which we have been extemely unlucky not to win, West Ham, Watford, Bolton ect... we played them all off the pitch, but just couldnt get the final part of the play right. Hopefully, when Carew finds his golden feet, he will be banging them in for fun.

It's just a question of patience now...

Long ball tactics, very little 'football' so to speak.

Basic defensive errors from last season.

We haven't given any teams a proper tonking, at least we wholloped a few last season.

Still poor at set pieces and corners.

Three of those remain from last season, no change. The other is debateable, because we really haven't been on the end of a tonking either. Who did we tonk last season? A demoralised Boro away and......

2) Defensively we are harder to beat.

How is that better?

:oops:

If we win tonight, we'll go 11th, which, in April, is defiantely better than last season. Of course though, if we don't win w'll be in teh same position as this time last year, in which case were no better. I believe we're better, its just not come across cus of teh crap few months we've had.

Â