Better or Worse?

Jez

On the Pitch, this season are we  

105 members have voted

1. 1. On the Pitch, this season are we

• Better than last season
    • Worse than last season
    • Just about the same as last season

So then folks a simple on the pitch question...

• [*:c950f8a877]We are no better than last season?
    or
    [*:c950f8a877]We are better than last season?
    or
    [*:c950f8a877] (just the same)

We have obviously improved vastly off the pitch, but its on it that counts...

Up the villa :)

Poll Added - Bicks

I believe if we'd have stuck with DO'L we'd be doing better right now.

I respect your opinion but fail to see how you can believe that in all honesty.

Wouldn't say we're much better on the pitch at the moment as we're pretty much in the same league postion and same points total as we had this time last season and I wouldn't say the football played is much better.

However the time to jusge MON is halfway through next season and I'm very confident we'll have a better 2nd and 3rd season under him than under O'dreary.

same points after the same numer of games as last season.

So on the field, no change according to the stats.

We don't have the right blend, yet, and it's a transition from heading downwards, to heading hopefully in the right direction.

As much as some people understandably get nervous looking down, it's also the case that the results yesterday, with Boro and Newcastle losing, give the opportunity to jump upwards and clear.

Off the pitch, things are just immensely better. I believe that the transition has been remarkable, and it's still progressing. Once the effects of that huge improvement start to have more of an impact on the playing side, then we'll be a happy bunch again.

I don't think the effect of the euphoria that accompanied the new board and manager should be ignored. That euphoria carried the team and fans and manager to some above par results in the first period of the season, but as it wore off, and as the weaknesses of the squad kicked back in, it has been hard work, and at times hard watching.

Ultimately it's players that will make the difference on the pitch, and whilst we've recently got some good new ones in, there's a lot still to do. Until that happens, we'll have to keep on biting our nails and waiting...

Been a weird season.

I think we played better during a patch where we collected very few points than we did when we went on that unbeaten run.

Bit more luck and we'd be where Reading are and we'd deserve it too, just haven't got the points in games we've deserved too.

MON is a new manager with new ideas, having to teach his tactics, to players he's never worked with before. It's a huge transitional period we're going through and that's why I believe had DOL still been here we would be doing much better right now especially after an £18 million or so outlay.

It's a huge transitional period we're going through and that's why I believe had DOL still been here we would be doing much better right now especially after an £18 million or so outlay.

He got around £12 million to work with the season before and made us 6 places worse. If we'd carried on with that rate of 'progress' we'd be bottom with DoL in charge.

I cant believe people are still saying decent things about DOL, we'd be relegated if DOL was in charge..

Dunno........... We'd certainly be relegated if Ellis was still in charge!

I'd still like to see what DOL could have done with an enthusiastic and supportive Chairman, (Risdale was a little too enthusiastic at Leeds).

MON is a new manager with new ideas, having to teach his tactics, to players he's never worked with before. It's a huge transitional period we're going through and that's why I believe had DOL still been here we would be doing much better right now especially after an £18 million or so outlay.

Well with that £18 million he would have had to replace some first team players that would have left and somehow changed the morale the players had under him.

I think this season is better because the team don't just give up and die if we go one down and the work rate for the majority of the season so far has been top notch. Like last season we still lack quality but seeing big john carew in action has been a highlight and an improvement on watching angel and baros try to play football.

I cant believe people are still saying decent things about DOL, we'd be relegated if DOL was in charge..

Dunno........... We'd certainly be relegated if Ellis was still in charge!

I'd still like to see what DOL could have done with an enthusiastic and supportive Chairman, (Risdale was a little too enthusiastic at Leeds).

Perhaps from a clean slate he could have done well.

However the situation at the time of him leaving was that he had fallen out with the fans and half the dressing room.

In order to restore harmony to the club and have everyone pulling in the same direction, he had to go. There was no way back for him imo, not even the change at boardroom could have healed the rifts. I certainly feared relegation.

The same.

Similar points, similar league position, we don't win enough, we draw to many.

Players still not defending from corners/picking up runs/making simple passes/positioning themselves correctly/organising themselves.

Players still resorting to hoof ball, making silly errors....I could go on.

Work ethic has changed a little. We now carry on for 90minutes, but this is the least to be expect from well paid, professional footballers. Just an hour and a half of effort each week should be the bare minimum.

We are slightly better at coming back into games, but we seem more likely to allow the opposition back in.

Behind the scenes & in the boardroom - we're MUCH, MUCH (to the power of infinity) better off.

Â