Is Hitz worthy of a new contract ?

dukes

Is Hitz deserving of a new improved contract ?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Is Hitz deserving of a new improved contract ?

• Yes
    • No

I have purposefully not commented on yesterdays game until now (i wanted to be sure i meant what i said!). Of all the players out there yesterday i would have thought Hitz had the most to play for. In recent weeks we have heard him state the importance of his next contract, the fact that he wants regular first team football, and the opportunity to stake a claim for a place at next years world cup, that he wants to be at a the club best suited to improving his game, and that he wants the financial terms to be right.

In the last few weeks he has come on as a substitute, and really made a difference to the match, harrying back, running from box to box, making himself available for passes, and of course scoring that great goal against Portsmouth.

The thing is, in my opinion for a young man who has such big ideas of his own ability, he has never proved himself to be capable over 90 minutes, as was proven again on Saturday.

If we are to believe the press, he has Bayern Munich, Bayern Leverkusen and Stuttgart amongst his suitors for a summer transfer........WHY ? What do these teams see in him ? He has earnt a reputation as a scorer of improtant and spectacular goals, but that isn't enough to get him a regular starting slot in the Villa team, why does he imagine it would be enough for any of these Bundesgliga teams ?

In my opinion, Hitz is weak in the tackle, a poor passer of the ball, Lazy, and with cries of "SHOOT" everytime he gets the ball a distraction to himself and his teammates.

On the positive side, he does have a sweet left foot, and undoubted potential, but the question is, does he really deserve to be amongst our bigger earners (more than Hendrie for example) ?

Are these other clubs really that interested, or is it just some clever game being played by his agent ?

My gues is that Hitz has already made up his mind to leave the club this summer, some of the comments attributed to him in the press show taht maybe he has believed the hype spewed by his agent, and thinks he can get a bigger contract back home.

Would it really make any difference to us if he left ?

If you had asked the same question just after the Portsmouth game, you probably would have had 70-80% of respondents saying "Yes"

Given that you've asked the question after yesterday's shower... I venture to suggest you'll get a large proportion saying "No"

Does this say something about the fickleness of the Villa fans?

I maintain that I would like him to stay.

If you had asked the same question just after the Portsmouth game, you probably would have had 70-80% of respondents saying "Yes"

Given that you've asked the question after yesterday's shower... I venture to suggest you'll get a large proportion saying "No"

Does this say something about the fickleness of the Villa fans?

I maintain that I would like him to stay.

Undertand your point here, but my comments tho inspired by his poorest performance yet, would have been the same after the game against Portsmouth.

He hasn't proved himsalef to be a Premiership standard midfielder (in my opinion), though he has proved capable of scoring Premiership class goals.................but there needs to be more to his game than just that !

If we can keep him, all well and good, Hitz is a squad player and no more than that. He can play in a couple of positions, and come on and change games, but that is all. As people have pointed out before he cannnot last 90 minutes. Soi I would say, keep him but only if he expects to spend time on the bench and have appearances for 2nd half of games only.

Yes - he is definitely not just a one trick pony in my opinion, which is why other teams want to sign him and why he is in the German national team. And even if he is, if the trick he does is score long range goals every now and again, then that is worth having.

True TRL and fair point ian, but then again Hitz hasnt had an extended run in the team and been used to playing for a full 90. We have plenty of CMs at the moment, so even if Hitz is there just to play a half then he is a good option and a threat to the other team.

if samuel wasnt playing so badly due to his long-standing injury then he wouldnt be in my starting 11, playing the role he did against pompey.as u sayhe isweakin the tackle but i disagree tht hes a poor passer.

he certainly shouldnt be the one making the demands on a great club like villa.

i'd say he's improved since he signed his last contract. And who would we replace him with? Are we seriously going to buy anyone better?

This is the important point. If we're going to replace him with someone better than that's all well and good, but does anyone really believe we're in a position to do that? Sign him up.