Is Hitz worthy of a new contract ?

dukes

Is Hitz deserving of a new improved contract ?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. Is Hitz deserving of a new improved contract ?

• Yes
    • No

Hhhhmmmm,i want Hitz to stay,but i don't see him beng able to hold on to a place in the starting eleven when the squad is fully fit.Wages/his demands will be a big problem i think.McDonald's pay more than they do at villa,so he's sure to bugger off in the summer :cry:

And who would we replace him with? Are we seriously going to buy anyone better?

well wouldn't 'replace' him as such as he's only a squad player. we've now got nine first team midfielders to choose from. only 4 will play at any one time. with a further two maximum on the bench. so even now that leaves 3 per game doing **** all

i doubt very much that we'll be bringing in anymore of em or replacing one if one leaves in the summer. there are other areas of the team in far greater need of boosting (IMO)

No.

He has a penchant for spectacular goals... but then so does fellow midfielders Hendrie and Solano.

He has some potential... but then so does Davis (if not more).

He is good at dead ball situations... but then so is Solano (who took all the frees and corners V Everton? Solano and Barry)

He has never been a regular first teamer, he offers nothing that is not already available on the pitch other than going missing when needed.

So how does all this add up to an improved contract? That's right - it doesn't.

I think the fact that he's got into the German International team is working against us here.

The majority of the German squad play for teams in the Bundesligue, therefore Hitz will feel some pressure to return home anyway or risk losing his place.

I believe however that had he been playing in Germany, his goal scoring expoloits wouldn't have been enough to get him a place in their squad (he played the lats game as a left back, and not even in midfield).

The problem is, that him being an international has led to him making demands that he really has no place making.

With regard to salary, i expect given the teams that are supposedly interested in him, he will be looking for at least £20k to stay (i estimate he's on about £12k now). For me this is quite simply too much for a squad player, whose only contribution has been a few spectacular goals. I'd prefer us to let him negotiate his transfer, take whatever fee the tribunal sets (this is where his international caps will be useful), and reinvest the money on other key areas of the squad (like a new GK or Forward).

Regardless of whether he is good enough to be a first-teamer, he is rated at £3m. So am I to take it that 37% of the current voters think it is worth losing him for nothing when our transfet budget is laughable ? Brilliant, sound logic guys :roll:

Fortunately for those who don't think him worthy of a new contract, it is he who holds all the cards and will most likely not sign anyway. I mean, why on earth would he when he can go back home, make a relative fortune in a top team and cement his place in the German side for next years world cup ????? He'd be bloody mad to stay here in this club that is spiralling out of control.

Regardless of whether he is good enough to be a first-teamer, he is rated at £3m. So am I to take it that 37% of the current voters think it is worth losing him for nothing when our transfet budget is laughable ? Brilliant, sound logic guys :roll:

Fortunately for those who don't think him worthy of a new contract, it is he who holds all the cards and will most likely not sign anyway. I mean, why on earth would he when he can go back home, make a relative fortune in a top team and cement his place in the German side for next years world cup ????? He'd be bloody mad to stay here in this club that is spiralling out of control.

Sorry but you are wrong.

we get a fee for him as he is under 24 he does not qualify for a bosman ! So yes i'd take £3m for him thankyou

If there are Germans willing to pay him silly money, let them. However, i get the feeling that when the offers come in they won't be any way near the figures that his agent have been putting in his head.

The only way he would look good is if they put a highlights video of his goals from the last couple of years, and convieniently forget the other 89 min of each game. I mean, who would be so stupid to fall for that (apart from us with Savo)

Dukes, we get a nominal fee for him as compensation for developing him as a kid. We do not get a transfer fee. You are wrong here I'm afraid.

Dukes, we get a nominal fee for him as compensation for developing him as a kid. We do not get a transfer fee. You are wrong here I'm afraid.

Actually, the fee is decided by a tribunal which would take into account the development of the player during his time at the club, and also his present market value.

Look at how much we had to pay for Barry (more than £1M) , and that was a payment based on the potential of a player plucked from relative obscurity. With Hitz this is not the case, we have taken a player and turned him into a German International, so i should imagine we can expect to receive 60 - 70% of his market value.

And I'd still take that rather than just keep him as a squad player !

• 17 years later...