Weird wii gamecube disc incident

Ingram85

Not sure which topic to put this in so mods feel free to pick one.

Playing wind waker GameCube disc on the Wii just now using a wired controller, accidentally knocked Wii over as I was moving as I pulled the controller lead and the disc came out completely yet I was able to keep playing? Is this normal?

Not sure which topic to put this in so mods feel free to pick one.

Playing wind waker GameCube disc on the Wii just now using a wired controller, accidentally knocked Wii over as I was moving as I pulled the controller lead and the disc came out completely yet I was able to keep playing? Is this normal?

Id rule out the travel section!

I'm wondering if the Wii rips and stores the gamecube games data/files internally and then the disk just allows access to start the game? I know its definitely only the game save stored on the GC memory card. I'm confused and scared.

It happens quite a bit on games which are more level based because the level is already loaded and you're just a character in that level.

It would still crash eventually, when the disc needed to be read to get new information. 

My God it's like I'm in Bizarro World.

Wind Waker is chuffing brilliant though. I remember when I first saw the cel-shaded graphics and immediately though, nu uh, no way. So happy to be proved wrong.

Still, better than OoT? No way.

• Like 2

Â