Baseball Hot Stove 2013-'14

maqroll

The grass at Fenway might still be growing, but the Hot Stove is already simmering- Reports today that Boston wants to sign Carlos Beltran, likely signaling the end for Jacoby Ellsbury.

Some dumb club is gonna spunk $100m/5 yrs on Ellsbury, and he'll be injured half the time...

The grass at Fenway might still be growing, but the Hot Stove is already simmering- Reports today that Boston wants to sign Carlos Beltran, likely signaling the end for Jacoby Ellsbury.

Some dumb club is gonna spunk $100m/5 yrs on Ellsbury, and he'll be injured half the time...

I wouldn't be shocked if it's us.  :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I know next to nothing about baseball, but I wanna get into it. Gonna read up on it and stuff to learn the rules and watch a few games etc.

As a big NY Giants fan it makes sense to stay in the NY area. Therefore I will bypass the obvious choice of the Yankees and choose the Mets as my team.

I know next to nothing about baseball, but I wanna get into it. Gonna read up on it and stuff to learn the rules and watch a few games etc.

As a big NY Giants fan it makes sense to stay in the NY area. Therefore I will bypass the obvious choice of the Yankees and choose the Mets as my team.

Your choice in teams is most excellent my friend. :D

Pretty pleased with the Granderson contract, we really need someone with power in the outfield. I was expected far worse than 4/$60m.

Apparently the Mariners are ready to offer Robinson Cano a 10 year $230~240 million contract, nice work if you can get it.

Done deal. Unbelievable. 

You have my deepest condolences.

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

Apparently the Mariners are ready to offer Robinson Cano a 10 year $230~240 million contract, nice work if you can get it.

Done deal. Unbelievable. 

You have my deepest condolences.

It would appear that I'm somewhat of a masochist...

To be fair, the Metropolitans are on the way up from recent years down in the dumps. Good time to start following them. And glad to see another VTer show interest in the other Beautiful Game, welcome!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Â